Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
It's a very small town that is situated on the N332 road from Benidorm to Alicante, just past Villajoyosa/Finnestrat. Have visited the beach there on a few occasions and I have never seen any british tourists. It all depends what you want from your holiday as it seems very quiet.
Hi
Has anyone visited or stayed in El campello,any views good or bad would be welcomed .I'm interested in staying in the area mainly because it is convenient for Alicante (shoping,sightseeing etc ) and also it is easy to get to the northern Costa Blanca (Terra mitica ,sightseeing etc) from El campello.I have read a report on an other forum about crime in the area and while I realise that crime against tourists happens is a regular occurrence on the Costa's does any one have any views about the Alicante area.Sugestions about other towns in the area that offer a beach holiday with the possibility to go shopping and sightseeing would be great.

Thanks in advance
My dad lives on the Costa Blanca and absolutely loves El Campello - he comes down from the mountain village he lives in quite regularly - especially in winter time
It is a typical spanish resort with long sandy beach and seafront promenade
It has a couple of british bars on the seafront
It also has a fantastic selection of shoe shops selling both cheap and expensive styles
There's a fantastic restaurant called La Cova perched on a headland above the harbour - lunchtime set menu is great value and they have a great a la carte menu in the evenings
There's also a great weekly market in the old part of El Campello by the N332
If you want the nightlife of Bendorm this is not the place for you but for a quiet relaxing beach resort with great access to the Costa Blanca and Alicante, El Campello would be perfect
Hope this helps
I have been to Campello several times and love it - although it might not be to everyone's taste.
It is very much a Spanish resort, not an out and out touristy Blackpool in the sun kind of place, but has a lovely long beach, marina, miniscule rainfall, loads of bars and restaurants and, in my experience, very little crime.
There is a railway to Alicante and Benidorm - regular and cheap as chips - and buses to Alicante.
Most of the Brits there seem to have settled rather than gone for two weeks of 3Ss.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.