Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
el gouna
3 Posts
Been to El Gouna three years in a row, and returning at xmas this year, making it two visits this year!!!! Love it!

Havent actually stayed in the Movenpick but stopped there on the sea taxi... it looks absolutely fab! Great aspect.

Regarding Hurghada... you can get a bus there very cheaply but to be honest would give it a miss! El Gouna is a really nice resort, hassle free, up market,and you have the choice of both the marina and downtown areas to eat and drink.

What time of year are you going? There is loads going on in the summer months, ie beach parties, marina party twice a week, things going on downtown and tamr henna area.

You can buy a weekly bus ticket for £2 which also includes the sea taxi. Taxis cost £1.50 anywhere in el gouna and you dont have to haggle.

Lots of bars with pool tables, which are free, Jobos is our favourite in the Tamr Henna area, and a nice cold pint is got here I believe! Dunes is also really nice, on the way to downtown from Tamr Henna, with bedoiun type seating there, although I think they were refurbishing soon and not sure what they were actually doing.

You will NOT be disappointed... paradise!

Elle
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.