Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
El Tiburon
84 Posts
Message understood Luci :lol:

Robby :wink:
Can I just say El Tiburon means The Shark in Spanish - hence the reason for the big fish behind the bar I guess.....
OMG - please ignore my last post. How thick am I....?? :oops:
Just booked to stay here in May. Our flight is late back in the evening. Does anyone know if they have a room where we can keep our luggage?
Don't worry - they have a room for luggage
Hi,

Hope you don't mind me asking as we are staying at the El Tiburon in March is there a TV in the rooms?

Kind regards
Hi Odyssey,

We just returned from El Tiburon yesterday after a three day break.

There is a TV in the room but only a limited number of English Channels, including BBC News 24 to remind you of whats going on back in the UK (if you want reminding!).

There is a TV in the main bar / lobby which I think has a more varied choice.

Have a good time, we did.
Hi,

Many thanks for this glad you had a good time. Any tips you can pass on re the area etc?
Just what has already been said in the topic really.

Nice clean hotel and good breakfast. 2 Star is correct rating as no entertainment at night etc but bar area very friendly and stays open until you have had enough !

2 minutes walk takes you to the promenade from which 20 minutes walk (all flat) left takes you to Torremolinos centre and right to Benalmadena Marina (very nice).

My wife is very particular on where she will stay and we holiday at least three times each year and we are already making plans to visit here again for a short break. A week may be too long as pool area not that big.

Have fun !
Back from a great stay at El Tiburon, first time I`ve stayed in a small bb, normally opted for larger ones with more facilities but I think I`ll be trying out a few more smaller ones as it adds a more friendly and personal feel to your holiday.

Lots of bars and restraunts open in both Torremolinos, Benalmadena and the La Carhelia area. The pavement was being dug up and replaced 2 streets in front of the hotel but it didn`t cause any problems(the bars closed in the small section).The work was nearly done.

I agree with all the good things everyone else as had to say and will be returning there as soon as posible.

Tried a few bars in near vacinity our favorite being the Sea Wolf for the service and excellent food. Try their meal of the day 3 courses for under 7 euros.

Christine W
Can anyone please tell me th E Mail address for the El Tiburon in Torremolinos.Many thanks.

Steve
Web link: http://www.hoteltiburon.com/

Email address: hoteltiburon@tiburon.e.telefonica.net

Robby :wink:
Can anyone give me directions by road from Malaga Airport to the El Tiburon please

Many thanks
:D
My directions might be a bit vauge but here goes.

Leave the airport follow signs for Benalmadena, when you pass the crocodile park stay on the Avda Rafael Gomez Sancgez road until it joins the Cale Pablo Iglesias road stay on until you come near to a train station. Go over the rail track heading towards the sea.Turn left into Avenida Carlota Alessandri . Keep going forward past the large roundabout fountain with Dolphins (I think they are) . You need to turn right to end up on Calle Miami going back on your self (streets are all onway in this section). You will then come to El Tiburon.

If I`m totaly wrong at least you`ll have someone to blame. I didnt drive,we had a transfer.

Christine W
How far is it from the nearest Renfe station please? And what's the station name?
We walked to the train station from El Tiburon it took us 15 mins walk up hill to it. I can`t remember name of station but it was 2 stops from Arroya de la meil (Benalmadena). If you decided to do the train its a steady walk down, keep heading for the sea down hill. I don`t think I`d fancy the walk if I had a lot of luggage, I also didn`t see any sign of taxis for the trip down.
Thanks Christine W. Was thinking more about trains into Torremolinos actually - the main reason for the holiday is visiting my dad who lives there. We normally stay in 'T-Town' but fancied a change of scenery hence staying further down the coast. We will be getting a taxi to and from the airport though - not messing about with the train then especially with the amount of luggage I normally take! :lol:
I'm pretty sure towels will be provided but I usually use apartments and not hotels so need confirmation. My dad lives in Torremolinos and I need to take some stuff out for him so any way I can keep my luggage weight down would be good. Thanks in advance guys :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.