Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi,
From memory, yes I think they are the same.
ClaireT
yes they are the same as ours, so no need for other ones,

gail
The vast majority of hotels have the UK 3 pin plug sockets, although you may find that there are odd places that are euro 2-pin or sometime both.

You should be ok (I've never taken anything) but if not the supermarkets sell the adapters cheaply.

Kezza
yes they are the same as here
well....never knew this so thank you :) one thing less to pack!
Hi!

This will be our first visit to Cyprus and had assumed that the electrical sockets would be the same as some of the Greek islands we had visited so we have bought 2 pin mosquito killer plugs.So guess will have to find the receipt and take them back to Boots! Feel silly!LOL! Should have asked the question, glad someone had the sense to do so!

Alistair
hi Kazza has it right most hotels use uk style sockets however some use euro two pin and earth (stopped in a couple of places with them) but we always carry an adapter set anyway just in case
Some of the hotels i have been in i have needed an adaptor! I would take one just incase, they are small enough.
We are off to Paphos on Wednesday, but sure I read somewhere that we dont need travel plugs. Can this be true? If it is, then I can unpack mine and manage to squeeze in another small garment. 20 kilos is nothing :!: :!:
Hi digby

Most do have the same as UK, but there are some who don't, see this topic previously posted here -

CLICK HERE

Hope that helps,
Kezza
Thanks, Kezzabelle, for the info. Will maybe take an adaptor just incase.
We have the same electrical systems as UK...you will not need adaptors..just bring your normal chargers for phones razors etc..

have a good holiday..
Like I said in my post in the topic attached to this one, I've never taken an adapter. You'd be in the minority if you were to find a hotel or apartment that caters more for the 'euro traveller' and has the 2-pin ones.
this question comes up at least twice a year the answer hasnt changed.. MOST but NOT ALL accomodation on the southern part of Cyprus uses english 3 pin BUT there are quite a few places i have been to ( mainly away from the Pafos area which have euro 2pin and earth so we always carry an addaptor it cost little weighs nothing so i wont take the chance without it

wizard
The Wizard is spot on........I always take an adaptor as SOME hotels and apts in Ayia Napa/Protaras do have 2 pin sockets.......not a lot but a few as I found out only last year on 2 occasions.

Better to be safe than sorry.....although you can pick the adaptors up in the shops if you have one already it's no harm to take it.
If you should need any they are available at all kiosk's or supermarkets for about 60 cents..but mostly they are not needed, I only use one because my phone charger was bought locally and most locally bought electricals come with a US two pin, you cant replace the phone chargers because the two pins come attached to the charger itself..stupid I know, but all homes here have normal to the UK electricals.
Thanks, Jimbox. You are a great source of info. Always read your reports. I would always take the advise of someone who lives in the place. Ta again and roll on Wednesday!
Well thats amazing and they also drive on the correct side of the road. :wink:
Was Cyprus once owned by Britain by any chance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.