General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hiya - thanks for that

I did actually read that post previously - and as on many other forums - most people only seemed concerned by money or camera's - I'm concerned about getting about getting some peace and quiet :sun2

on another subject concerning psp's,ipods etc...is it not advisable not to take them to the beach full stop - due to getting sand etc in them?
personally i wouldnt take the psps to the beach, i would only let the kids take ipods if they were only going to the beach to sunbathe, if they are going to be in and out of the sea then i wouldnt let them take them, not worth the risk really
i take my mp3 everywhere, but i dont go swimming from the beach.
if your kids want to go swimming then the only really safe way is to ensure that 1 of the party stays with the valuables.
note;if you leave your valuables unattended on the beach your insurance company would almost certainly refuse to pay out as they would argue that you had not taken sufficient precautions to keep your valuables safe.
I use a couple of items:

I have a lightweight steel cable with a combination lock that I use to tie my bag via the zip pull to my sunbed.

I also have a completely waterproof bag that you can put valubles in and go swimming, I also use this for my iPod on the beach to keep the sand out :tup

I bought both items from http://www.design-go.com but many travel kit sites sell similar
My daughter took her iPod to the beach every day when we were away at Easter and got sand in the headphones and had to buy new ones when we got home - it's lucky it was only the headphones that were totally ruined, although the screen on the iPod came home a bit more scratched than it went out and the screen on her phone was just as bad!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.