Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
emirates Palace
6 Posts
i was intrigued about the emirates palace, so had a look on their website, and dates i put in for october came back at £300 a night and that was the cheapest room :shock: not that you could call it cheap, you get everything including 50'' plasma tv , also add 20% service charge :shock:
personally if i was to spend that type of money i would go to Al Maha, i'm very interested in that, its about £250pppn there but full board with other extras, its silly money really as for the same cost of 2 nights there i'm off to a 5* in Egypt for 2 weeks, it would be nice to do but can you really justify it?
Hi Andy66, yes Emirates Palace is expensive, but I would just like to try it even for 2 nights. Maybe if I get a few extra shifts in at work I might decide to go :? I have also looked at Al Maha. I also liked the look of that. I had considered it before I booked Royal Mirage. There are so many lovely hotels in Dubai. We stayed at Jumeirah Beach Hotel in October last year. It was very nice. Dubai is now one of my favourite holiday destinations. My friends have been looking at Egypt for their holiday later this year,probably Sharm el Sheik. it does seem quite popular. Anyway, hope you have a lovely time. If I go to Emirates Palace I will let you know what it is like. Cheers, maryjo
Was Jum. Beach really good, thats the "wave" hotel, like the look of wild wadi water world, what are the food costs in dubai?
i was looking to go to dubai a couple of years ago but the unrest in the middle east made me change plans, i also like the look of qatar and muscat, but dubai looks the best. in the next few months i've got to start looking for a holiday for sep/oct time and i'll look into dubai etc a lot more, there are plenty of good quality flights to there from gatwick, just got to search out best websites for accomodation, if i go i'll perhaps be able to stretch to a cup of tea at emirates palace :lol:
hope you have a good time at royal mirage, in june :shock: awww scorchio 8)
Yes, Jumeirah Beach Hotel was really nice. It is really nice inside too and the staff go out of their way to help you. We stayed in one of the rooms down the side of the hotel. The view was amazing and the balcony was huge. We stayed as bed and breakfast but the meals were not too expensive and there are lots of restaurants to choose from. At the pool they came around with cool cloths and cold fruit. When they saw you coming with your towels they would take the towels from you, ask if you wanted to sit in the shade or sun and lay down the towels on the sunbed. The Wild Wadi is brilliant. We spent a whole afternoon there and it is free to guests at Jumeirah Beach. You can also use the facilities at Mina S'alam next door and you don't have to pay to enter Burj Al Arab like others do. There are buggies which take you from one resort to the other. The hotel also runs free shuttle buses to the malls and souks. Dubai is a beautiful place and I think everyone has to go at least once in their lives. I highly recommend it.
The Emirates Palace is now in our review page here waiting for its first review!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.