Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
It is the Feast of the Three Kings, with a spectacular parade held on January 5th. If you check out the Benidorm Videoclips thread at the top of the forum, you will find some of Sanji's filming of the event from a few weeks ago.

David :wave
Looks amazing. Do you know what time of the evening it starts as we don't arrive until the 5th? :D
We left our Hotel, which was the Los dalmatas and walked up to the old town around 6pm.

So, we were probably there for 6.30pm and by this time places where getting hard to find for a good view.
The parade officially starts around 7pm, but depending on where you position yourself on the route to see it, it could be nearly 7.30 pm.

We were stood around a good hour before the parade came down Calle Gambo.

A bit of advice ......there are thousands of people who will be there, and it does get very hectic trying to get away from the crowds, after the Three Kings have gone past...everyone has the same idea.
Do not go in any clothes that you value and more importantly, do not take any money than the bare minimum that you need.

Not trying to put you off going, it is a great show and atmosphere, but common sense tells me, that crowds and pickpockets go hand in hand.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-02-02 14:01:20
Sorry to bother you again but does the parade only go through the old town or does it come to the new town. Thanks
No bother at all, the parade is in the old town only and comes nowhere near the new town.

I believe it starts at "dove park", then goes the length of the "walking street" then onto Calle Gambo and finishes at triangle Square or to give it it's correct name....Plaza de la Hispanidad.

Sanji
Thats great thanks. Love the photo!! :wink:
what are elephants doing in benidorm ? :shock:
what are elephants doing in benidorm ?

What.?
The only elephants I know of in Benidorm, were the ones in the room above me :lol:

SanJi x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.