Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
My Aunt (young 51) and I (normal 41) are spending a week on Barbados and then a weeks cruise 24/3/10 - 7/4/10 (having my 42nd birthday in the Caribbean.

We know where, when, how etc but now have to decide between the two hotels.

I've read differing reviews and am inclined to go Escape BUT the travel agent said that BBC appeared to be the better bet.

Any feedback would be good - also names for people to book trips with etc as i know it's cheaper to buy 'local'.

I look forward to any replies.

Thanks, Bonnie
We have been to the Escape At The Gap twice and found it ok right on a top class beach,its not the Ritz but was very clean when we were there,food was good, breakfast very good,as it is not at the top of the price range we did eat out some nights, if I was going to Barbados in 2010 I would pick the Escape however we are beach bums,and hotel rooms are for washing and sleeping. It is well located if you wish to go into the Gap for better night entertainment.
If you go do it with an open mind and dont expect the Ritz.
We have some reviews for both these hotels in our review section FOUND HERE

Unfortunately, the latest one for Escape at the Gap one is from 2006, so if anyone has stayed we would really appreciate some up to date reviews.

Kath x
Barbados Beach Club is a taxi ride into the Gap. It is right next to the Bougainvillea where we stayed. On a beautiful stretch of beach. The taxi is about $10. Escape is on the main drag. I actually preferred to be out of the busy part but of course Escape is definitely convenient for everything :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.