Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
euro/ skaithos
7 Posts
i know the rate is about 1.16 at moment, which is very poor

a question of perspective.. when we went to Greece in may it was only 1.05 1.16 is about the best its been in the last couple of years, i think it will be a long time before we get back to the 1.4 of a few years ago [if ever]

yasus
wizard
Have just come back from Skiathos (20July-3rd August). I took plenty of Sterling and got 1.18 Euro's to the pound at the supermarkets in Koukounaries...but you do pay 2% commission. I changed up some sterling at Marks and Spencers before I went, 0% commission....but I only got 1.13 Euro's to the pound.

We had a wonderful time....found it very quiet in Koukounaries. Skiathos town still very busy. Getting onto a bus was again almost an impossibilty. Best beaches:

Maratha
Mandraki Elias
Agistros

Kindset regards

Rhombus
i got 1.17 in tesco yesterday, i dont think its any better getting in when your there, in my opinion its a myth
Its no myth, we have always got a couple more cents to the pound than the best rates we were able to find in the UK. We got between 1.196 and 1.212 in the Cyclades in July
its probably just me but i cant be bothered to go to places looking for the best rate, its only a few pounds difference
You should get over €1.18 here on Skiathos at the moment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.