Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Yvonne,

From my own experiences over the last 4 years, I get 30 or 40 Euros to get me through the first few hours until I know where things are, then use my debit card to get cash from an ATM as I would at home. The rate has been consistently better than in the UK, and my bank allow me to use ATMs abroad free of charge. There's normally a small commission deducted by the ATM, but even after that the rate has been better. As you're only going for a week, I wouldn't get too worried about it unless you're going to be changing up thousands!

HB
I would say much the same. I take a couple of hundred cash and then use my debit/credit card for ATM or shopping. Depending on where your staying they may want a deposit for things like room safe, tv remote etc. and theres the cab from the airport and when you get there you may want something to eat, or pop to the supermarket for some essentials.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.