Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Eva Air
11 Posts
stace1983,

You'll find our EVA Air topic here. The 747's don't have seat back IFE, only their A340's.

Darren
thanks dazbo, thats a shame will have to invest in some more games for the DS! :)
Hi Stace / Dazbo

I think Darren means A330 not A340. Economy in the B777 also has seatback entertainment.

Whilst they have recently refurbished Premium Laurel and Elite classes in their 747 fleet (long haul) I don't believe that they upgraded the entertainment in economy class.

Elite is a fairly low cost upgrade and provides more legroom, importantly slightly wider seats, seat back entertainment and upgraded food menu.

For a trip of that duration an upgrade, to me, is well worth the extra (which is far lower than BA Premium Economy)

Enjoy EVA - we do!

Peter
PeteB wrote:
I think Darren means A330 not A340.

I must have had Thai in my head for some reason :duh Eva don't even operate the A340!! I blame it on the jetlag.

Darren
Thanks Pete. Do you know roughly how much the upgrade costs? As it is still 6 months away we may have time to save the extra pennies! Or even better- do you know what the chances would be of a free upgrade (its worth a try!) we will be getting to the airport really early (about 5 hrs before the flight) there are 4 of us.
Thanks again, Stace
stace1983 wrote:
do you know what the chances would be of a free upgrade

Unless you are a privillidge card holder (Evergreen Club) / frequent flier, no chance I'm afraid. The days of free upgrades are long gone.

LHR to BKK on 10th Oct is currently priced at £764 return in economy, £1670 in Elite and £1916 in Premium Laurel class (prices fluctuate on demand).

Darren
I've flown a 747 on EVA and had seat back entertainment.

I would contact the airline therefore for the details of your particular flight.
Hi Stace,

As Darren says the chances of a free upgrade are almost zero.

With regard to the prices, we have just returned (March) EVA Premium Laurel. As we flew out in February this was just about peak season - We paid approx £1360 each - far lower than the example price Darren gives.

Suggest you give Trailfinders a call - they usually have some deals.

Currently showing £925 for Elite (PE) to 10 July, but give them a call - although it sounds as though you have already booked

0845 058 5858 or https://secure.trailfinders.co.uk/EnquirySales/enqSalesForm.jsp

Good Luck

Peter
The prices I quoted above are from Eva Air themseves as an example, I'm sure if you shop around you'll find better deals.

Darren
Thanks guys, the flights are already booked (£670 for the whole holiday) so I cant complain really! I am not too worried as now we know there wont be seatback IFE we can make sure that we have plenty of books etc to pass the time. Ive done it twice before with Thai so know what to expect. Only 27 weeks to go :clap
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.