Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Well take a look at the excursions offered by RCCL and see what appeals to you. St Maarten- we were just there in June on Freedom of the Seas- we got the water taxi from the pier over to Phillipsburg and did some shopping downtown and then got a taxi $6 each over to Orient Beach on the French side (St Martin). We planned to leave earlier than we did and go into Marigot for some posh shopping but didn't make it this time,the beach was just too good. You can rent a beach umbrella and seat for around $6 which includes a drink. The far end of the beach is for 'naturists' and all of it is topless if desired. Beautiful white sands and turquoise sea.
LOVE Puerto Rico- approaching San Juan from the sea is wonderful, the old fort El Morro stands out on a headland and it looks eerie,feels like you're going into a time warp and I wouldn't have been surprised if we'd run into some Pirates..... old San Juan is a lovely town,cobbled streets,all higgledy piggledy uphill and down. Good shopping and restaurants and then take a walking tour of El Morro.
St Thomas- Charlotte Amalie- been there several times. You can take numerous tours from the pier up Skyline drive to Mountaintop and look out over the Caribbean. Ride the cable car up the mountainside to look out over the port. SHOP..... the Havensight Mall is a newish mall that is right outside the pier,I found the shopping better there than in downtown,but for jewelry St Thomas is good for price and quality, all duty free.
All your other ports are exotic,beach ,snorkeling,sightseeing are generally what's on offer and as I say, depends on your interests.
Sometimes when you've had enough of the sightseeing it's nice to stay onboard and enjoy the Solarium and the Spa (they run specials when in port). Explorer is a fabulous ship,she's a resort in itself.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.