General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I get both an eyebrow and eyelash tint before I go away. I'm naturally very fair so my eyebrows look none existent. If I get them tinted it seems to bring my eyes out more. However......I can look a bit like Dennis Healey at first :) as they seem really dark but the sun (even though they are tinted) soon makes them look a shade or two lighter again.

I never go away without my eyebrow/lash tint :tup
All an eyelash tint does is darken your lashes - this is great if you have really fair lashes. Mine are naturally dark, so when I had it done, I didn't see any difference. I still used mascara except it was clear - sorry - still hard work to take off!
I've very fair eye lashes and eyebrows juby , so much so you can hardly see mine .

For the last few years I've had a tint done on both before my holidays but have to say the eyelash one hardly does anything ,especially if I just have it in brown . Problem is I need something to thicken mine too and tinting doesnt do that .

Having said that it's cheap to do so the little I gain is worth it but get it done in the darkish shade you can get away with because it fades very quickly in the sun . It wont last for more than about 2/3 weeks.
I had my eyelashes tinted once a couple of years ago and it just made me look as though I was wearing eyeliner- quite a nice effect but it didn't last long and I'm not going to bother having it done again as I still needed to use mascarra.
I have mine done before holidays and I keep the lashes moisturised with a little vaseline. I hate any make up on holiday as it all slides off in the heat. So I just take some tinted moisturiser and a lip gloss.
I've never had it done because my eyelashes and brows are black anyway. If you are tempted but have never had it done before remember that this is done using a chemical similar to hair dye but in an area that is much more sensitive than your scalp so do please make sure that they do a skin test first. I've seen people have bad reactions, including my hairdresser who really should have known better given that she always used to insist on doing a skin test on me 24hrs before she she used a new/different tint on my hair. Ending up going on holiday with red inflamed eyes is not a good look! Or alternatively, have a trial run now and if you do have a reaction then there's time for your eyes to recover before your holiday. And if you don't then you know that you can safely have it done again just before you go.

SM
Hi
I had my eye lashes tinted a good few years ago, it didnt really make much difference, I still needed to use mascara , so dont bother anymore and just use my Max Factor Waterproof Mascara. :tup
M
I have never done it but my eyelashes are dark anyway.

One of my friends had eyelash extensions for her holiday, they last 4 weeks and will supposedly stay on even if you swim with them. She is back next week so I will see how well they lasted. It cost about £40 though so not cheap.
I had mine tinted once many years ago. My eyelashes are fine so I still wore mascara, I found it pointless to be honest.
Def have eyebrows tinted though if they are really fair. It's amazing the difference to your eyes that it makes :tup
Thanks for the input girls, I think I may not bother really, as has been said, they aint gonna look any lusher without the help of trusty mascara !!!
Have you thought of eyelash extensions? My local salon/hairdressers do them- their great! They glue single lashes onto your own - you can choose the length, thickness etc.... all you do it give them a gentle brush in a morning- and thats it! No panda eyes, and you look wide awake -rather than slitty eyed first thing in the morning :D I had them done the day before my holidays, and they lasted the full 2 weeks before they started to slowly grow out.I can definately recommend this- it cost me £40 (and £15 for the infills every 3 weeks - if you want to keep up with them),

belly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.