Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I have sent gobofraggle a PM pointing them to this topic.

luci :wave
thanks for that i can't do pm's at the moment cheers vince
Hi,
Sorry for not replying sooner & hope you had a good Christmas. We had a great time & the holiday was fab :) The highlight was our air safari to the Masai Mara for 3 days & 2 nights & having the jeep to ourselves.

We did the day trip to Wasini booked direct from the Uk with Pilli Pipa although I have to say this was rather disappointing for the price (my mum & dad paid as a birthday present - £90 each, ouch!). They weren't very patient as I'd never snorkelled before & gave me 3 attempts at using the mask & snorkel together before taking it out of my mouth & telling me I was holding up the group, no pressure there then, so I decided to just swim without.

We organised our own visit to a local orphanage in Shanzu which was very humbling & used the taxi driver to help us buy food from the local shops.

The matutus were great for getting around & very cheap - it cost us 25 shillings each one way from Whitesands hotel to the local Nakumatt supermarket compared to 1000 shillings that the taxi driver wanted.

Hope you have a great holiday :)
Ang
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.