Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Fantazia
16 Posts
hi just got back from fantazia 11/11/04
hotel very clean staff very good hotel has a small shop attached for cigs water,sweets,t-shirts and small nic nacks
towels in room changed daily
cleaned daily very clean (cleaning lads do a good job)
good pool but no kids pool or entertainment
catering mainly for russians so breakfast is different but the chef will cook omellets and fried eggs all food is buffet style but as i said mainly russian
you can get snacks in the daytime very cheap
grilled sandwiches shrimp ,chickenand burgers all with fries and salad for about 25 LE
beer 17LE
my wife and i had soft drinks by the pool followed by beers and lunch with more beers through the day all for about 120LE
pooltowels free and ask at reception for voucher for beach towels for the shared beach at sonnesta beach hotel but get there early if you want a sun bed and snorkel off the jetty
hope this helps have a good one
phil
are you back yet if so how was it
yes im back but our hotel was changed last minuite so did not get to see fantazia,was upgraded thought about checking fantazia but i guess it could of left us disappointed so opted not to,
naama bay itself though i thought was fantastic,and we were situated right next to the duty free shop,very central..
thankyou for yor comments about fantazia they were much appreciated.
do you think you will return there?
glad to hear you enjoyed naama bay
we will return to the red sea but not to fantazia as we have two boys aged 10 + 6 and the hotel doesn't really cater for children
it is a little far out from the centre but only 25/30 LE taxi fare
maybe next time movenpick or similar
at time of writing the wife has booked us 2 wks a/i carribean village agadir morrocco but we will visit the red sea again
We passed this large complex on route and wondered if anyone had ever been to the show, not the hotel. No one in our hotel knew about it, and it wasn't advertised very much when we went to Sharm, anyone been? As if it was any good, we will endeavor to go next time, thanks

Michelle x
derwentrocker.

i went to the show...and i did get confused. alf leila we leila and fantasia are one and the same!!!

someone has commented about the animals here in the dolphin thread but to be blunt i didn't really see anything that shocked me...well not concerning the state of the horses anyway!!

if you want to go here you have a few options.

1. you can pay for a buffet meal, which includes entertainment around your table, then go on to see the light and sound show. this option costs £18 sterling and the price IS NOT negotiable. it starts at 7pm and you can stay till about 2am!!

2. you can just pay to see the light and sound show. this starts at about 9pm and costs next to nothing. again you can then stay on till about 2am. or

3. you can turn up later and get in for nothing. there is free entertainment in the centre from about 11pm. you can sit here and watch and have drinks from the many bars.

we had already decided to go here and paid for the meal and to see the shows. one point is that you do have to go on the right evening , for english speaking people, the light and sound show was on tuesday and thursay.

the meal was excellent. it was a buffet meal but there was lots of choice and everything was cooked beautifully. whilst we had our meal people came on to dance. that part of the evening was good.

we then went outside to the light and sound show. it started off telling us all about ancient egypt, which again was good but we did get confused when we had to sit through it again in italian!!! then there was a horse show and people came on to dance again. to be honest this part of the show was quite amatuerish but we still enjoyed it.

afterwards...and bare in mind it was now 11pm you could sit in the "bazzar" area and have a drink. here the dancers came on again.

we did enjoy the evening but we wouldn't do the meal and show again. inside its enormous there are many beautiful rooms, bars, shops and even restaurants. there is even a disco for the later part of the evening. and of course all around the outside there are shops bars and restaurants.

the only thing that did surprise me was when we were being shown round in the daytime, i think i saw someone taking drugs, i only got a quick glimpse, but it did make me think twice about staying after the shows were over. so we left at about 11pm. the place did start to get busy then with a lot of young people.

medot.xx
we to went to the show,we got there after 11pm and sat in the middle of it all and had drinks and watched the dancers. It was a lovely night out. It is very nice inside with lots of egyptian statues and shops, bars and trinket shops. I have some photos of it but cant figure out how to download them :? :?
Thank you for the replies, i assume you jump in a cab to get there? The reason i ask is because it wasnt advertised anywhere to go in a group. So for English speaking nights, it may change by the time we go.
derwentrocker.

i've just been looking in the photo album. if you go into the one for the conrad hotel someone has put some photos in there of fantasia. medot.xx
Oh obviously my photos went in the album ok then :D was not sure but followed some good advice from another forum last night on how to upload my photos :thanks Deb 2 xx
Thanks for your replies, i am off to look, i wish i was back there now, beautiful sun, sand and ah......what bliss :lol:
just got back from sharm what a great hol but did do fantazia and we left half way through it,it was just the most srangest thing i have ever been to.the horses did look ill,and when the guys do there stunts you think yes this is great but after 10 mins off the same thing its not good.the guy on the flying carpet is funny how he gets downstairs so fast was the funiest thinhs i have seen. but go for a meal its a good price with dancers.
oh just like to thank Dawn and mum for a great eve!!!!!
can you tell me more about it ?
where is it ? what is it ? can children go ?
i assume its at night ?
thanks
hi spadge......ignore the little bit at the top of this post...as thats about the hotel fantasia...which i think is completely differnt to fantasia the show...or al leiila we leila..as it is also called.

the fantasiahow is in the ras um sid part of sharm...out past naama bay. its nearly opposite the hilton waterfalls hotel.

we went...i think children can go to the shows, which are held in the evening, but i didn't see any on the evening we went!!

medot.xx
Yes children can go to the shows. The locals all take their kids there at night including babies. There was alot of different age groups there when we went last May/June. Some children were still there when we left at around midnight. Obviously getting very tired and fed up by then as it was still so hot :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.