Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I think Windjammer is aboard the Jade at the moment - until 16 Jan.
I have left the Latest Deals topic running with historical prices so have a scan through that or use the Search box in the bottom left hand side when you are in the topic.

luci :wave
Thanks Irs & Lucy...Duhh I never thought of doing that
You would never think I used to work on here :duh
Got back last night,

We ended up at around £1500pp total for the romance suite (AD) with an upsell from a mini.

IIRC the inside went under £500pp for a while.

Some of our group got beter upsells one to a Owners(AA) another to a courtyard(A3) but still over £1500pp.

This was the last minute prices we saw last year
AF mini suites
uk NCL are £1259 inc TIPS and that might include parking
planet cruise £1119

These are for aft facing that we gave up

These were £1800uk price and £1300 US price so a good saving.

Pricing this year is going to be harder to judge with the crunch and the ex rate.
The word on board is there does seem to be late price drops with a lot of very late bookings .
worth watching the next few Jade cruise to see if it continues.

Remember if you go to the Suites you have a butler and concierge to tip and the courtyard has an extra butler that will need tipping as well.
Thanks WJ....It looks like we might have to settle for a balcony but I will keep an eye on it
If you spot anythign can you let me know please.
Also did you book direct with NCL or someone else?
Im just wondering which will be easier to get upgrades at the last minute if there are any.
When we booked with BCP for the Gem in October it was like pulling teeth to get any upgrade when the price dropped
Had similar issues with BPC trying to get upgrades on some previous trips. For last minute where changes are unlikely BPC are good but if you might make changes they factor in some more margin in the prices so the discounts disapear.

So for the baltic trip when we saw some AF aft cabins come up at a good price(later upsold to the AD)
we booked direct to keep control over the booking.

We are on price watch now for our next cruise, probably NCL(fancy the round britain) so will let you know if we see anything. The jade is doing a few short(2n,3n,5n) trips in May which might come good.

In 2008 the baltic and round britain prices for the higher grade cabins stayed quite high, good deals on the lower grades not sure what will happen this year as the Jade is transfereing to the med for 2010 so last chance for NCL die hards to do these cruises.
windjammer wrote:
In 2008 the baltic and round britain prices for the higher grade cabins stayed quite high, good deals on the lower grades not sure what will happen this year as the Jade is transfereing to the med for 2010 so last chance for NCL die hards to do these cruises.

The Jade has been sailing from Barcelona, mainly doing Med/Canaries/Eastern Med, since 2008!! Do you mean it is transferring out of the Med, rather than to it??
I viewed the jade as being based(mainly) in Southampton for the summer(may-Aug 2008/2009) with only a few(4) cruises based in the med untill the change to overwinter(08/09) in BCN rather than go back to the caribbean as originaly planned.

2010 Jade will be Barcelona for the saummer on 7n runs replacing the Gem which moves to Venice, so you could view it the other way as the Jade not transfering to the UK for the summer in 2010

The key point is that currently NCL only had 2 cruises on the Norway/UK runs with no more planned so could still be popular choices for those that only sail NCL, which could keep prices up this year like they did last year for these 2 cruises.
I knew there was a request for the Jade North cape

prices are dropping,

NCL US.

£ 710pp Inside
£1040pp Balcony
£3606pp Villa(A3)

Time to start watching more closely

Look out for UK Travel agent only prices, they have been doing this for the Jewel baltics.

Still space on the 5 n May 24th(£330) the 5n 16May is even cheaper(£252) if you can get to Rotterdam.(both inc tips £32.50.)
Thanks WJ...have you had any expirence of http://www.CruiseAdventureTravel.com they have quoted me Balcony: $2,875.00 (Category BE; $1,437.50 average cost per passenger) + some OBC for a GTY BE
Total for 2 Lowest quote on cruise compete is $2764 but customer rating isnt brillaint for the agent and these say they will match it ( waiting for comfirmation email on this and amount of OBC)
Im tempted to book just wondering if there is any possiblity of a further drop
If this is the 13 June cruise, then the price you have is way better than smartcruiser ($3604) who are normally best or thereabouts. On the UK NCL website the price is ridiculously high.
Not heard of them before, but a google should throw up any known problems.

Ask if they take your money or just pass you CC details onto NCL to take the money like most do.

the NCL price for the BE GTY is $1578 so £1032pp.

$1437 £939
$1382 £904

thats a big enough saving to go after and well within the comissioned fare for them to still be making a bit.

The other balconies are over £2k what I have noticed with the 5n is they are keeping the lower grades in each catagory open with a good price on a GTY and filling the ship with those. there is a chance that this BE GTY will result in a higher grade, there are only BB balconies left.

I think prices may fall a bit from here but watch the cabin counts closely, if they take the GTY cabins away the prices go up a lot. There are still a few top grades inc a GV so that will open up some cabins when the upsells start, it will too late to get US people to take them so might be some last minute UK specials.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.