Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi.......the main beach is nice but in the height of the summer I avoid it purely because it's jam packed......wont be a problem in October though :lol:

As for location choice........it depends what you want really, Napa will most certainly be busier with a good mix of people.....whereas Protaras is more family orientated (although they kids should all be back at school :P ) I know Protaras generally is quieter in the late months of the season.

I'm off to Napa next Thursday for 2 weeks....so we just overlap.....I can't wait 8)
Thanks for that - sounds like ive made the correct choice then :)

One other point i forgot to ask was that if anyone knows the Faros Hotel i have a choice of a 'twin with limited sea view' or can upgrade for a small amount to 'TWIN5' that can sleep up to 5 so is probably bigger (or maybe just has more beds in it!). However there is no mention of a sea view for the TWIN5 even though the official hotel website says all rooms have a partial sea view. Looking at a few of the pictures it looks very unlikely that the balconies out the back can see the sea but maybe not. That will be my last pedantic question before i finally go ahead and book the thing :roll:

Cheers
Hi again...........my advice is not to bother paying the extra I don't think it's worth it on a couple of points......

The way the Faros hotel is situated to the sea means most rooms have a restricted view anyway

Also I can almost gurantee that the room will be slightly bigger but there'll be an extra bed in there so you gain nothing unless you want the room to sleep 5 :?:

Most importantly once you land in Napa you will spend very little time in the room........trust me :lol:

Hope that helps and saves you some all important "beer" money :shock:
Does anyone know if this hotel has a website - am having difficulty finding one. Thanks
here you go the official CTO listing

FAROS ***
AMMOCHOSTOS - AGIA_NAPA

Makarios Ave. 5330 rooms: 130
P.O.Box: 30515, 5344 beds: 247

tel: 23816100
fax: 23816200
email: faroshotel@vavlitis.com

operator: J. K. Vavlitis (Hotels & Leisure) Ltd

copyright matirial courtesy of the CTO

wizard
Looks like a really nice hotel, in a good position too :lol:

Helenxx
This hotel is right near the harbour and far enough away from the square not to be disturbed.It is a very nice hotel.
That was quick! Thanks for your help.
We have booked this hotel for June '07. (after seeing the many good reviews on it.) If anybody has the answer to the following few questions, I would appreciate it.
Our 14 year old daughter will be with us, we have booked a hotel room rather than a garden suite and with three of us in the one room, will there be much space, are the beds very close together?
Is there a fridge in the room or can you hire one?
All the hotel facilities ie. fitness centre, billiards, sauna and tennis, is there any charge for the use of any of these?
Finally, is it possible to do a one day trip to the northern Greek part of Cyprus if you hire a car?
Thank you.
Hi Shannon............see the webiste I think it will answer most of your Qs

http://www.faroshotel.com.cy/
Thank you for taking the time to reply, but it didn't really answer any of my questions.
Maybe somebody who has used this hotel before might be able to help me.
Thank you again.
Hi Shannon.......there is an email address within the website and they're really quick at answering (past experience) so they'll tell you everything you need to know from the horses mouth so to speak :lol:

From past memory, there isn't a charge for the items you mention it's all included.....I recall their was a small charge for saunas though. As to the room size I can't help as we stayed in a garden suite......very large and very spacious. Our fridge was included in the price but I think there's a small weekly charge for a fridge in the standard rooms....as is the norm in Ayia Napa hotels/apartments these days :roll:

With regard to car hire........I'm not certain but I was under the impression the hire co. wont let you take a car over the border to the North....unless that's changed. Maybe check the Northern Cyprus posts or the car hire posts both at the top of the Cyprus forum page.
Thank you very much, appreciate the information.
Hello,
Does anyone have any info about this please - understand somethings being built very near by?
Can get a good deal in a garden villa and wondered if there was any likely effect?

Thankyou
Just back from Napa today and having visited the bar opposite the Faros most evenings....The Seahorse, I can't say there's anything that would affect your holiday at all.

They have knocked down a building to start re-building further up the road just past the Eman Bus Comapany offices, I think this is what you've probably heard about, but it's too far from you at the Faros to affect you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.