Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
using an agent, might be the best option at this time,the cost might be greater but to get your family out there with you might be worth it, its going to be my 4th time to Goa but the out come might be my last with all this new stuff thats going on, its just getting out of hand this visa stuff. :(
Oh Chilly sounds like a right nightmare..... and I think I've got problems obatining my visa! What the hell is going on :think Hope someone can help you get it sorted.
I feel for your mum Chilly as i am being messed about too, as you know. I am coming to the end of the line on India now, i am coming up against brick walls everytime, so i shall be on the internet today and try and find myself a flight to Cambodia, thailand etc somewhere that actually wants you there !!!!!!. :que

Mike :duh
hi chilly and mike,ive never spoken to either of you before..i always read what you post and it spurs me on to vist again so i booked for 3 weeks leaving xmas eve, work picked up so i changed it to 18th march...now reading all the posts about visa issues im cancelling it as i cant be bothered with the stress some of you are going through.,someone mentioned cambodia..would anyone reccomend it
someone mentioned cambodia..would anyone reccomend it
:tup DEFINITELY!
paully1664 I really hope my posts havent put you off as many people get their visa with no problems at all, its just when there are problems they cause so much stress. :duh I am sure you would still love it when you get here, (sounds like you have been before)and you probably wouldnt have any trouble getting your viisa...dont cancel... give it a go its still a great place believe me... :tup
chilly
Was a great place Chilly but not anymore people don't want to start their holidays with stress !!!!! Yes we all love the place but i am afraid a lot of people will not return because of the simple fact the Indians are complicating things, why not say tourist visa 6 months 20 pounds, 1 year 50 pounds, long term visa 1 year to 5 years to be looked at individually ( as there are not many who actually want 5 year ) and put a cost of 500 pounds a year on it ( it would sure save people money on their flights ) anyway they will bring it on themselves. :que

I better stop here before i get my self a heart attack !!!! :yikes

Mike
Paully1664,
I would imagine that by the time you need to apply it will be sorted out.
If it's any consolation I got mine done with no hassle at all , taking around 6 working days from sending to receiving.
I may have a look at Cambodia etc anyway ;)
This situation seems to be getting crazy, I feel sorry for your Mum Chilly , and of course Mike's situation is a nightmare :que
My brother did his Cambodian visa online.

Took 5 minutes instant approval $20

Could be game over for Goa unless they get it sorted.

Mind you havent we been saying that about the River Princess etc etc etc for years.

My guess is India will just keep doing things the Indian way.

Papa
Whats the latest on your visa situation Chilly? Wish Mike could get his sorted too!
we are still trying to sort it out Tracym...emailed VFS but no luck yet with any answers or even a response, so trying some other options, thankfully a friend based in London is trying to help me aswell, for which i am truly grateful, so heres hoping ... but its certainly not an easy one!! :think

I do understand they have to follow guidelines/agreements re Minors leaving the country... thats fair enough but the targets they are setting are impractical and unrealistic for the tourist...it just is not possible to send off for a visa that is only going to be valid for one mth (28 dys) if you are going away for 22 days and you are told you need to allow up to 2 weeks for processing, even going up there to get the visa personally is very tight, especially when there is also a weekend in the middle of the very small window prior to the first possible date the visa stamp can be done, if the stamp is done too early the visa will expire before the end of the holiday, and if it is too late there is a chance the visa wont get done in time before the departure date!!! :que a right conundrum!!

I have heard of some kids getting 3 mth visas? so why one mth?? and thats not just for the minor, (my grandson) but the whole party!!! not that it really matters to my mum and step dad as they wont be coming more than once in a season .... (well they have told me they wont EVER come again :( ) ... but others in a similar situation might well be coming twice...and find they have to apply for and pay for another visa... (she did tick 6 mth multi entry on all 3!!)

So, Its very stressful and I would not even contemplate booking for my grandkids in future... they have all been out here before and with no probs at all all on 6 mth visas, (although they only ever stay 3 weeks) but this is just too much stress and far to complicated and difficult to contemplate again! I guess we wont know if my family are coming right till the very last minute!! great eh for me and them!! :cry

Chilly
I really hope it all turns out OK and soon for you. Its not good all this stress. I know how I would feel if it were my family!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated on any progress :gluck
my thoughts are with you Chilly , what a frustrating situation, you mention your parents live 200 miles from London, do they live anywhere near Manchester as i would go to the the visa application centre here in Manchester for them ,if you wish nearer the time it wouldnt be a problem, Why oh why carnt they issue visas upon arrival like alot of far east places. If i cannot help then maybe a an agent but i think there charges are a little steep. Let me no if i can help. Good Luck. ;)
Oh dear- really sorry to hear of the carry on you are having. I hope you manage to sort it all out, but can't imagine the amount of stress involved.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.