Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Fudge

No-one's been very recently, because it's been closed since October!

The side of the Hotel is about 50 feet away from the rear of my Bar, and I'm pretty sure I've never heard of any 18 - 30's staying in Tropico - it's exclusively families, although the rear of Hotel backs onto Hotel Jongla which is 18 - 30's, and I suppose it's possible to pick up on the noise from there, if you have a room overlooking the play area which separates the two hotels, although there is maybe 100 yards between the two.

I think it opens on 1st May, so everything will be in full swing when you arrive in June.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the holiday, and the Hotel.
Hi Fudge

We stayed at the Jungla (next door to the Tropico) a few years ago. As Goodfellow says, the Tropico is/was the superfamily apartment complex and the Jungla was for 18-30's between July and September, but open to families either end of the summer. I would think that going in June to the Tropico, you shouldn't have any problems with noise from the Jungla.

Hope you enjoy your holiday

Sarah
thanks for replying eased most of my worrys can't wait to go now,really excited

kerry x
been going to tropico for last 6 years and never had any problems ,it can get a bit rowdy at nights if you back on to the jungla with singing and shouting(would have been worse this year if england had got to euro finals ) but other than that no problems.Theres a massive pool great for the kids ,not really used the hotel at nights as went out along the strip(which should be better now for familys as no prs this year)lots of places to eat just outside the apartments and quite cheap.we also going back year 10th june family with 2 boys aged 10& 14 years old so see you there :cheers
yes will look out for you we are a family with a boy and a girl ages 9 & 11,our neighbours are also going at the same time they have 4 boys so just look for a big group from barnsley (we are not as bad as everybody makes out honest) :wave:
hi, i stayed there 2 years ago with my son and his friend, we all had a great time. the boys played football every night as there is a fenced pitch between the jungla and tropico. the apartments are basic but then you are only sleeping there. as someone said before i'm sure it's a thomsons superfamily. there are plenty of bars/eating places near the tropico. the boys loved going to tom browns and playing crazy golf until the food arrived. you will a great time.
forgot to say that getting a sunbed can be a right pain, you need to be up at least 8am every morning to get a sunbed (they unlock them at 9am every morning. and once you got one don't park it to near the pool if you want to stay dry, and then when in the pool watch out for the kids with the pump action water guns which you buy in the supermarket next to the sahara apartments ,as they bloody hurt if they catch you with them ( may i apoligize now if my kids get you :whoops :whoops ) :rofl :rofl
dont mind kids having fun at all,my son will probably end up getting one anyway when he sees other kids with them.i have read reviews of hotel and seen what a problem sunbeds can be is there room to park a lilo anywhere as have bought them before we go (cheaper),if there is will just lay on them instead not fussy at all, just hope weather picks up some before we get there or it wont matter !! :(
you will find lilo's in the pool all the time ,or someone will give you theres before they go home.so no need to buy them and yes loads places to park them ;)
we are going to the tropico on the 31st may for a week, if i get chance i will try and post some info when i get back.
Been twice before, was fine despite what some reviews say, in a nice central location too!
yes thanks it was great would definitely go again.kids loved it and didn't want to come home. Did you have a good time ?
yes thanxs .not going again next year as giving maga a miss for a year or 2 .was it you that i saw on your last day outside the arcade and i said to you is it your last day as well ?
dont know i have blond hair .i can remember somebody talking to my friend she had her hair braided.i would go there again but not next year we are planning on going to turkey instead. :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.