General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I was going to suggest Cyprus as it will still be warm & there are plenty of AI hotels.....but the flights alone are going to cost you in excess of £600 for the 3 of you which obviously doesn't leave enough for a hotel.

Even Turkey was a thought, but again the flights will take up most of your budget. You might want to look at the Costa Del Sol in Spain, cheap flights and then scout around for reviews on AI hotels.

You might be better with a package/late deal.

I know Libra Holidays and Olympic both have sales on at the moment :tup

The other option would be Portugal perhaps but not sure it's warm enough ?...the flights are cheap enough on your dates but again I think you'll struggle to bring an All Inc holiday for 1 week for £800 for 3 people.
Hi Trasjohno

You didn't mention how old your child was so have made an assumption. I had a look on the thomson website CLICK HERE

Its a bit over but may be of interest.

Thanks
had a look miss pink but its staying sorry we are unable to process your request.
i,ve been looking at hayes travel and have found a few hols for under £800 i thought diy would be cheaper it may have to be a package after all.
by the way daughter is 12
Have just tried the link again, and it took me there. Go on to http://www.thomson.co.u. under the travel details put Spain 19th October it's Hotel Rio Park Benidorm total £838 HB, not exactly what you asked for, I know.
I just checked on Fresh Holidays, they had A/I going from Manchester on 22nd Oct, return 29th starting from £258-96 per person. That was going to Benidorm, but there's loads of others you can search. Just google Fresh Holidays, the site is really easy to use.
Have a look on the Monarch site flying to Alicante - flight coming in under £300 for the 3 of you and Hotels4u - Fiesta Park in Benidorm AI £502.18.
Transfers are usually cheapest with Travelrepublic.
You can book 6 days if that works out cheaper.

Although Fresh holidays does look about the cheapest - as Linda has suggested.
Portland have the San Miguel hotel AI in Ibiza on 19th Oct and its saying a free child place.
The final price is wrong because they have added on the child price, the amount should read £735 total, if you are interested give them a ring as Thomson is showing it with a free place and the total with Thomsons is £846.

Edit: The small print explains why the child price is still there so perhaps it works out cheaper with Thomson but Portland are usually cheaper.
thanks all but do you think the weather will be warm enough to swim in ibiza or benidorm in the 3rd week of october.
will go and look on some weather sites.
regards tracey
It will probable starting to be a bit chilly toward the end of october.
857.00 19th october all inclusive to majorca hotel saturno jupiter this is with http://www.alpharooms.com transfers are included too good luck with finding somewhere
3rd week in Oct I'd think you should start looking at somewhere like the canaries if you don't fancy Egypt or Tunisia
Helen T wrote:
3rd week in Oct I'd think you should start looking at somewhere like the canaries if you don't fancy Egypt or Tunisia
I have to agree with Helen. Sometimes you may get lucky in the Med in late October and it will be lovely, but there is a good chance of rain/clouds/chilly weather at that time of the year. I know people who've been to Benidorm for Xmas and come home with a tan, but you're not guaranteed good weather :-?
However, because of better weather in the Canaries for October half-term, you're less likely to get a bargain price :banghead: Have you tried Travel Republic "Tailor Made Holidays" - not quite a "Package" but often a lot cheaper. If you could stretch to £1000-£1100, you might be able to get a nice AI in the Canaries with Travel Republic :wink:
I agree I think if you want to swin and ahve a kind of summer holiday but in October at a reasonable price its got to be one of the Canary Islands.
i thought it would have to be the canaries to guarantee good weather and as you say it is a bit dearer.
i would rather pay a bit more to get the weather will look for a late deal i think when i come home from summer hols.
thanks everyone tracey
trasjohno wrote:
will look for a late deal i think when i come home from summer hols
If you're anything like me, you'll come home completely hooked on Fuerteventura and want to go straight back!
Have a good'un this time, and good luck finding your bargain when you return :gluck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.