Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Finnair
12 Posts
Never flown with Finnair...but the plane sounds like an MD11 (McDonnell Douglas) which I have flown on (China Airlines amsterdam to Bangkok). Actually in the China Airlines config it was the most comfortable plane I've flown on. They are not new aircraft...I think they are out of production now as McDonnel Douglas was taken over by Boeing, but they are no older then a lot of the 747-400's flying out there.
thanks sunbear.
Not sure if I can persuade the OH to fly longhaul with no seatback tvs though :(
Are Etihad coming up at a reasonable price for when you want to go...their in flight entertainment system takes some beating.
off to try it now!

edit to add- flights are full( for next August!?)
Finnair seem to be coming up with the best prices at the moment for Hong Kong flights next December. Has anyone flown long haul with them? Any comments?

Elaine
xenosuk,

You'll find plenty of opinions on Airline Quality.

Darren
has anybody travelled with finnair? as looking on there website the price of flights to mumbai seem very reasonable, ie flying from Manchester in November 2009 to Mumbai is £372.00, and in March 2010 its £376.00
Would be grateful for any feedback. :D
All I can add it that I travelled to Helsinki with Finnair from LHR in 1995 and their inflight service was excellent! It was the days of REAL cutlery and they used miniature HACKMANN cutlery -a renowned Finnish manufacturer - and good tasty hot food was served as well!

But times change and the world moves on ................. some call it progress ...............
nightnurse,

You Can Find Passenger Reviews On Airline Quality. Allthough It Tends To Only Be People With Either A Very Good Or Very Bad Experience That Write Reviews!!

Gower
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.