Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
thanks for that macfarang.
Do you happen to know if there will be fireworks on New Years Eve?
Always loads of fireworks on New Year's Eve - both public displays and from the posh hotels. The riverfront hotels - Oriental, Peninsula, Sheraton etc all club together and have displays launched from barges in the middle of the river. If you don't want to spend 5000 baht++ per person on a meal by the river on NYE, just head to one of the small restaurants - such as Yok Yok on the west bank pay nearer 500 baht each for better food and the same view.
great tip! We are undecided as yet as to whether to make our way down to the river or stay nearer our hotel( Landmark) as we are wondering about transport problems that night?
Take the skytrain to Sathorn bridge - it will run late on NYE, so no problems getting back to Sukhumvit at 1 or 2 am

Only problem is if there's another bombing and the city centre gets shut down - as on NYE last year. Then you'll be walking home. Wear comfortable shoes - not heels. :-)
its good to know the skytrain runs later on NYE. I have to admit that it has crossed our mind that perhaps we should stay clear of crowded places( where possible) at that time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.