Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
hi, we went to occidental grand xcaret in oct 06 with first choice. my husband, 3 sons and my brother went on the pub crawl in cancun and thoroughly enjoyed it although my husband had too much to drink and went to the toilet in one of the bars and must have gone thru the exit door instead of back into the bar and ended up getting lost. it was only the rep on the bus who recognised him walking down the street when they were on the bus back that saved him. we laugh about it now but god knows where he would have ended up. all entrance fees, transport and drinks were included in the price which i believe was something like 64 dollars. they had a great night. didnt do any other trips but when we looked they seemed very reasonable. we had a day in xcaret ecological park but this was included in our holiday as we stayed at this hotel. have a great time. mandy
Just in case you haven't gone already...
The trips run by the agents are very similar, but as we were with the local Jumbo Tours I am not sure of their prices compared to FCs.
The main destinations are:-
Chichen Itza - one of the new wonders of the world,
Xcarat - an ecological park with entertainment. The evening show is spectacular and worth the visit. The underground river has two paths, one mostly underground and the other through the gorges with just a small part underground. You can do both if you want to walk back up the hill. The Mayan pole dancers put on a good show but they also do it in the evening show.
Xel HA - an ecological park without the entertainment! They have the dolphins etc, but the main interest is the river where one dons life jacket and rubber ring and floats leisurely down the river.
Tulum ruins: Mayan ruins on the coast. The TOs usually make Tulum and Xel Ha part of the same day trip, although we just used a taxi to Xel Ha and went on our own.
There is the pirate ship trip where you have a meal on a pirate boat which then takes part in a battle with its sister ship.
There are also shopping trips and drinking nights.
I have already put the links for the Xel Ha and Xcarat sites in one thread somewhere but it is simple to "google" the names and get all the info.
Away from the TOs, there is a bus service that runs up and down the coast which is very cheap and allows you to do your own thing.
Have fun.
Hi just returned ,went with first choice we booked our trips with some one else at hotel it was cheaper but there was 4 of us so we got 10%off but i no of another couple got theirs alot cheaper so its worth asking. but dont get confused with the timeshare people, in some hotels unless your interested in that.Hope this helps have fun youl love it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.