Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
A colleague has recently returned from the Luabay Los Gigantes in Tenerife and he said he couldn't fault the hotel at all so assuming the one in Costa Adeje is the same you should be OK.

luci :wave
I assume you will be going in June so weather should be really nice and usually in high 70's. Costa Adeje is the newer side of Las Americas with lots of good quality hotels and loads of good restaurants, bars and shopping centres.
You will be in a good central position, 5 mins walk to Fanabe beach which has many activities, plenty of watersports available from it, around the corner is the Puerto colon beach where there is a small harbour where you can take whale and dolphin boat trips. Plenty of beachside walks either into La Caleta or the other way as far as Los Cristianos.
Many many bars will have the footie on so no probs there for you. Sure you will enjoy it.
Hi there,we usually go end of june start of july and always have fab weather,last year being the best! When we landed the pilot told us it had been 40 degrees and it was very hot and sunny the whole 2 weeks we were there,not one cloudy day.
We stay opposite the luabay costa adeje (previously gema esmeralda playa hotel) worth a try looking up old name on trip advisor as i've read reviews on there and they are quite mixed,alot of people complaining about showers flooding and just things wrong in general since the refurb! It was closed for refurbishment while we were staying at iberostar torviscas playa last year,they changed the pool layout completely.
We were in costa adeje when the world cup was on and there were plenty of bars nearby or just a short walk away showing the football.Costa adeje has lots of lovely things to offer,we go every year but are having a year off due to personal circumstances this year but we're booking in july to go back next june.I recommend the iberostar torviscas playa,it's a lovely welcoming hotel and very friendly.
Happy holidays :cheers
We went and had a look around the Luabay 6 weeks ago. It's been completely refurbished, It's very minimilist, very modern but everything is new. They have replaced the balconies with glass ones & updated all the rooms. The bar, reception, pool, sunbeds, toilets, everything seems to have been replaced. Couldn't tell you anything about the food, but the restaurant looked immaculately clean & again refurbished. I'm sure by the time you get there they should have sorted out any 'teething' problems. I'd been in this hotel when it was The Esmerelda & the improvement is excellent. Possibly suit more the younger generation, its modern, not 'cosy'. It was full of young Italians when we went to look round, but I think that was just because the english tour operators didn't have it in their brochures at that time, because of the change of ownership.
I'm off to Costa Ajede in June , forgot that the euros were on , last time I went to Tenerife was to PDLA was a long time ago !!! :cheers , we normally go to PB in Lanzarote but fancied a change , we're still staying in a villa and looking forward to a change of scenery , only one England match on while we're away v sweden on the 15th hopefully not a repeat of swedes 2 turnips 1 !!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.