Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Lindy123
The Caribbean should be ok in Nov the ships dont go when weather is bad.
We have only done Thomson so i can tell you the flights are direct to La Roma (some of the othere cruises you have stop overs or two flights) and you dont even have to go through customs your off the plane onto the coach and straight to the ship. The only other direct flight would be to Barbados, i think.
But which ever you go for it all depends on your own tastes, most lines do informal the Thomson Destiny does the Caribbean and does have the formal dinning but you can also go to the informal Lido Cafe cabins are small on the Destiny unless you go delux which is expensive, but the entertainment is second to none.
Hope that helps i am certain someone else can give details of other lines .

Good luck Roger
Nov is good for the caribbean prices are just dropping now, you can do 2 weeks for <£1k inc flights

August is expencive everywhere (school hols)

Have a look at the cruise line websites and a few brochures to see what takes your fancy.

Unlike land holidays the cruise line brochures are only a little bit OTT with the descriptions and do give a good relative comparison.

Budget will determine some aspects, there are trade offs some like cheap cabins on expensive ships some won't go withoutr a balcony so have fewer choice for the money.
Just done our first cruise - a 7 nighter on P&O Ventura - Spain, Portugal and France. A good way of finding out if we liked it. The weather was kind which helped.

We are considering a Fjords trip next June so we weren't put off completely!

I saw two weeks on Ventura in Caribbean advertised for £999 yesterday including flights and some on board credit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.