Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi we stayed at the Concorde el Salem, Sharks Bay in 2006 & 2007 and the Reef Oasis Beach Resort in 2007. We flew to Cairo from Sharm, it's a very long day, from what i recollect you get picked up at 0430 hrs and arrive back to your hotel around 2230 hrs. I am not sure whether you can do an overnight stay, I dont think that option was available in 2006. You can go by coach but it's a very long journey. For two adults I think it cost approx £300 to fly.

You will love Egypt, we have been 3 times now and are returning to the Hilton Sharks Bay in October this year, the weather is fantastic and yes initially you do get some of the locals in naama bay bothering you, but just say no and walk away. The first time I went I was very nervous, but now I just hold my head high, walk though Naama Bay and say "No Thank you" and they just leave you alone.

One tip, if you get a taxi into Naama Bay, pre-book it for when you want to go back, it can be a bit hectic at the taxi rank if you don't pre-book. Your taxi driver will remember you, but the hardest bit is you remembering him, so take note of the car he is driving.
St George provide your towels - you are given a card at the start of your holiday which you hand over to man at the towel hut to get your towel and at the end of the day you just return it and get your card back for a fresh towel each day. Same thing when you go to their 2 beaches, just take your towel cards with you.

Dawntra
Thanks for the information, we will have more room in the suitcases if we don't have to pack towels. Also good tips about the taxi's, have noted your tips. :tup
has any one been to the holliday village in sham if yes what is it like :que :que
Hi we have pages and pages of discussion on this CLICK HERE
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.