Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hi girlingreen,

Unfortunately I can't help you with the smoking question.

However, a taxi shoulds cost you approximately HK$300 - HK$350 which is £24 to £28.

The cheapest way to do it would probably be too catch the airport bus A21 which takes, dependant on the location of your hotel, thirty minutes to an hour and costs the large sum of HK$33 £2.70 (ish).

Where are you staying in HK?
Another way from the airport is to use the Airport Express MTR (their underground system). Its regular, fast and clean and whilst I can't remember how much it costs I don't think it would break the bank. This will deliver you into the centre of Hong Kong or Kowloon and from there you can get a taxi to where you will be staying.
We are staying at the Jen Hotel on Hong Kong Island (which was formerly a Novotel I believe). HeyitsRich - do we have to prebook the airport bus or can we just hop on once we land? And where in the airport do you find it?
No need to pre book, it's a regular bus service.

As soon as you get into the arrivals section you'll see signs leading you there.

I'm not entirely sure if you get change on the bus, so you might want to pick up an octopus card (same as Londons).

Some more info can be found here: Hmmmm it seems I can't post links.

https: //www .nwstbus .com .hk/routes/routeinfo.aspx?intLangID=1&searchtype=1&routenumber=a21&route=A21&routetype=D&company=5&exactMatch=yes

You'll have to take out the spaces or alternatively search for nwsts bus HK.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image