Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hey, I too am going to Tunisia in a few weeks so will be intrigued to see responses to this post. I've heard the star wars set tour is amazing :)
cnt comment on the hotel your goin to , but we ae goin back to tunsisa on the 12 may , also reff the whiskey, they would break your arm for it (lol) hubbie thinking of taking a bottle over this time, tho he aint the last 5 times we been. we are goin to port el kantaoiu bet I spelt that wrong .
enjoy your holiday and let us know how it went when you get back
port el kantaoiu bet I spelt that wrong

9/10 Tammie you placed the last 2 letters the wrong way round in Kantaoui :tup
You did spell whisky wrong DEF no e in there :rofl

A good SCOTCH Whisky ;) is a good tool should you wish to try for a room upgrade at your hotel.

There are various excursions that can be done through your rep or your hotel might have a tour desk / person selling (pestering) tours, or you can find a travel company in resort, this link will give you an example of what is available from your rep -

http://www.thomsonexcursions.co.uk/search-excursions/TUN/Tunisia/000431/Tunisia/001132/Skanes/all/All-activities.aspx

Another way to get to various places is to hire a car & driver for the day, this works out quite cheaply and I am sure the hotel can arrange this for you.

In Monastir you can go in to the Ribat which is a large fort and also visit the The Mausoleum of Habib Bourguiba which is interesting, they are only a few minutes from each other, you will see the 2 minarets and gold coloured dome of the Mausoleum and use them as a landmark. You can go in to the Medina and try your haggling skills.

Sousse by small road train where you can go in to the large Medina which is worth a visit, do expect a bit of hassle with sellers trying to get you inside their shop.

Port El Kantaoui is a nice little area away from any pressure and hassle, there is a lovely little marina area through the archway with small shops and cafes and also a pleasant area up by the fountain again with small shops and cafes, again you can get here by small road train from Sousse.

Port El Kantaoui also has a small zoo and there is also a small amusement park - Hannibal amusement park.

A bit further a field is the excellent Roman Amphitheatre of El Djem which was the third largest amphitheatre in the Roman Empire, very impressive.
omg cnt you tell I don't drink lol might try the trick though with the drink for an upgrade in room lol yes we went to the EL DJEM was lovely. love going to the medina we sit outside with a cuppa and watch the world go by, passed the little zoo once, we also love to go down to the marina and have a meal plus wander round the shops. can't wait as we are going to the same hotel we went to first time to tunisia, so want to see if there is any difference (the soviva) I know it don't get a good report sometimes, but like hubbie says its only for the room, get washed and fed, as we are out most of the day, we loved it to be honest, loved laying near the pool doing nothing.
omg cnt you tell I don't drink lol

I presumed you had spelt it with an e because that is how Irish Whiskey is spelt not like the real Scotch Whisky :rofl
mmm yip lol I thought whisky was whiskey. its all my dad drunk so ud think id know better wouldn't you .
Sorry do not have time for a full reply, but although the Sahara Tour is fantastic and not to be missed if you want to see the real Tunisia, it does involve many long tiring hours of travel and in my opinion, is certainly not to be recommended for young children. have a good time xx
Hi,

Usually stay in Hammamet when I go to Tunisia, so can't comment on the hotel or resort you're staying at. But an excursion kids might like is Friguia Park, an animal park that also does an African evening show:

http://www.friguiapark.com/index_en.htm

Hope you have a fantastic holiday. :sun2
sunstruck wrote:
Hi,

Usually stay in Hammamet when I go to Tunisia, so can't comment on the hotel or resort you're staying at. But an excursion kids might like is Friguia Park, an animal park that also does an African evening show:

http://www.friguiapark.com/index_en.htm

Hope you have a fantastic holiday. :sun2

Excellent suggestion sunstruck - one of the best animal Parks and lots of room -- now dolphin shows have been added x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.