Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi Heather,
Can I just first say that you're going to love Corfu. Well we do anyway. We've stayed in Kassiopi and Acharavi but not in Sidari, although I don't think Sidari's that far from Acharavi. The first time we visited Corfu we went on an island tour which was organised by the reps. OUr two boys were 6 and 9 at the time and even they enjoyed it. It involved a coach picking you up from resort, complete with English speaking guide (who told tales of Greek mythology as we passed various places). Now we're not historians but she kept us all interested, even the kids. We stopped at a few places, had lunch and the option of a trip on a glass bottom boat which was fantastic. I'll not go on about the island trip in case you're not interested, but I thought it was a good way to see the island.
I don't think you can do the Turkey trip from Corfu. I might stand corrected but I don't think those trips are done from any of the Ionian islands. You're best bet for the Turkey day trip is from Kos.
Hope this has been of some help.
Heather

I'm afraid you've got completely the wrong part of the Greek Islands if you want to visit Turkey. It's much easier to get to Italy. There are plenty of ferries to Venice.

In fact we're seriously think of doing Easyjet to Venice, couple of days there, hop on the ferry, a week in Corfu and Easyjet back from Kerkyra. Lovely.

Try Rhodes if you're looking for day trips to Turkey.
:wave:

Although you cannot go to Turkey from Corfu, there are other places you can visit.

Paxos & Anti Paxos is a very popular trip you can also go to the Greek Mainland down through Parga area. We did a trip to Albania the year before last, that was a lovely trip. There are also lots of trips on Corfu itself, the island tour is a must if you have never been to Corfu before.

Our highlight last year was a trip by boat out to see the sea lions on an underwater boat. The whole show was terrific!

I have been to Corfu at least 5 times and have never run out of ideas for places to visit.

:cheers
Hi Heather

When we stayed in Sidari we went on an evening cruise to Corfu Town which was lovely. We booked it in the Sidari high-street. They took us to Kassiopi to board the boat. If you get a car at all, have a ride to Peroulades to watch the sunset, it's a couple of miles north on the coast.
As others have said, there's loads to see and do. Visit Kassiopi, Paleokastritsa, San Stefanos.

Enjoy,
Yiamass, Jean
Hi Jean

You mention Sunset beach at Peroulades, we walked up in the early evening to see it. The walk is lovely if you are able. It took us about 45 mins to get there and you get to see lots of the country side including the goats and sheep! :cheers
Hi There - I am sure you will love Corfu - ... going there for the 4th time in august - and can't wait. However instead of going to Turkey I highly recommend a day trip to Albania - We have done it twice - once to Butrinth and once to Gjirokastre - and it was very interesting. We have been going with a small company sipa tours and they make great trips - for smaler groups...

lilleli
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.