Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I havent stayed at the Golden Resort in Sharm but they have built a water park there.It features in several brochures and is AI.
The most popular on this forum is the Coral Sea Resort near Sharm, the Hilton Sharks Bay in Sharm, and the Coral Hilton in Nuweiba. Have a look at the reviews on tripadvisor.com as well - they're very keen on the Baron Palms.

It seems to come down to a balance of budget vs luxury (like most of life :wink: )

- Tony -
hi yummymummy
i know you from the goa forum.our favourite place is goa but you cant go in the summer ! we have been to the hilton sharks bay three times,may,june and september and are looking to go either june or september this year.(went to goa in feb) it is a great hotel.the food is fine sometimes a bit samey but thats all inclusive.theres a buffet restaurant,an italian(pizzas and pasta made to order) and a daily set three course menu.the drinks are great and go on until 2am.there are late night snacks in the chill out bar from 11pm.everyday there is a bar b cue lunchtimes(kebabs,burgers,hotdogs) with chips jackets and salads.the ice creams are great for your little lad.you actually can get them all afternoon from the pool bar and sunset bar and its tubs and cornettos.the entertainment is usual hotel stuff(animation team miming to grease etc) but they did have belly/brazillian type dancers one night and every weds is egyptian night which is really good.local beer sakara very nice, i found the gin and vodka ok and the red wine.didn't like white or rose. rooms are very comfy and the staff are brilliant.if you want to know anything else let me know.
I can also give hilton sharks bay the thumbs up. :tup although if your 5 year old loves a good beach this would be the only downside as the beach at HSB would not necessarily to ideal for that . their is a private beach that is manmade and in bunbathing tiers down to a smallish amount of beach at the waters edge . You cannot walk directly into the water as there is a lot of coral . you walk out over the jetty and enter the water past the coral for your swimming and snorkeling. The plus side is the fish and snorkelling are superb :D

lyn
if you didnt want something that posh and also not in the middle of nowhere, you could possibly think of The Sonesta Beach resort, it has its own private beach, and you can go into the sea from the sand, there are an array of water sports and a restaurant on the beach and plenty of children. The hotel has 7 pools and is set in beautiful gardens and the double double family rooms with Thomson or portland are like flats because they have so many off set rooms in them, the one we always choose has 5 separate rooms. The Sonesta beach is located in Sharm on a promenade, so if you want to venture out of the complex at night you can do after your meal. Approx 2 weeks at this hotel, is roughly £475 for B+B, obviously for A1 it is a little more. The sonesta Club the sister hotel to this one has more children in it, we have visited it, but not stayed as we personally preferred the other, saying this both have good and bad points as with all hotels. The water park isnt that far away and easy to get too as a trip.

Here is the reviews of the Sonesta beach resort...
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/sharm-el-sheikh/sonesta-beach-resort-hotel/

Also please view the thomson multimedia page on the video of the SBR it will show all around the hotel and the kids playing on the beach.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/africa/egypt/egypt-red-sea/sharm-el-sheikh/hotels/sonesta-beach-resort.html

Enjoy your holidays.

Michelle.

Ps...Only go through Thomson/Portland to get the double double family rooms, other tour operators have the really tiny rooms. The video shows the double double family room.
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies.
To be honest, i did like the look of the sonesta beach resort, last summer we went in a travel agents to price it up, but then i changed my mind, and we booked Goa yet again.
The Coral Sea resort was coming out cheaper than the sonesta beach resort, and the CSR in my opinion has more for children.
This will be my first time all inclusive, i just want to make sure i dont mess it up.
I hope Egypt will live up to what people have been saying about it. I cant wait to swim in the clear sea, which is something we couldnt do in Goa because the sea was very rough.

Bushbaby - we were also in Goa in Feb this year, we absolutley love the place, but my other half wants to go somewhere else, and Egypt seemed appealing because of the weather and the wonderful diving conditions.

I think im going to go with my gut instinct and choose CSR, unless i can be persuaded otherwise :lol:

Thanks again

Nicola
I havent been to CSR myself, but if i wanted to relax more and not go out of the complex then i would choose this hotel because it is quiet. I only choose SBR mainly because we do like to walk into the main drag of Namma bay without having to get transport. Plus we have made so many friends in all restaurants and shops, i would feel rude not seeing them most nights :lol:

You cannot fault egypt - Sharm anyway, it always has beatiyful hot weather, lovely food, scenery and clear sea. Just be-careful near the coral, they are very sharp and slippery, take some good shoes that are enclosed.

Enjoy your trip :D

I cant wait to book mine for June/July next year and i have a month in California in 2 months lol.......
Hi yummy mummy

We went to the csr last april/may and absoloutely loved the place. it was our first trip to egypt. I was a bit nervy that I may get an upset tum but went the whole two weeks as fit as a fiddle :lol:
if I was taking a young un I would definately go back to csr. You only have to read through the long thread on how great it is. The beach is beautiful and the staff are amazing. food fabulous.
we used the hotel transport to take us into naama bay of an evening, when we wanted to go in.
Good luck whatever you choose you are bound to have a perfect holiday.
hugs la x
yummymummy
we went to coral sea resort 6 weeks after it opened 2 years ago this was our first time to egypt also first tme all inclusive , we are going back to corsal sea this august we had the best holiday ever, i was worried when we first booked but you cant beat sharm, you need to walk along the jetty its like looking into a tropical fish tank and the snorkelling is out of this world, we were going to book the holiday village as we booked a year ago and it was coming up cheap, but we had the worry with coral sea as we were not sure if it would be finished when we wnt 2 years ago, im looking forward to the little changes since we were last there, i hope you enjoy it..
can anyone tell me if they have changed the beer situation as when we first went it was a pain with the little cups also i there are bar at the amptitheatre or is it a table still with beer being poured into little plastic cups..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.