Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
November will be our third time at the Osborne so obviously we think its ok :cheers
Have stayed at the Osborne and it is fine,after all,how much time do you spend in your room when you have all that sun,sand,sea,wonderful food and honeybee. Paula
One of the reasons that I have found where folk score the hotel so different is that some folk score the holiday rather than the hotel!!

It's really annoying and you have to read between the lines.
Sorry dont know anything about the hotel :cry
Advice......tune into Goan time when you get off the plane, relax , chill out and enjoy :sun2 [sure you will] ...Liz
different people have different expectations. if you go to goa with very high expectations, you will probably be dissapointed!!! exept for the top class hotels like the leela ( and some others) for instance, the hotels a fairly basic. usually clean with good friendly staff.
the osbourne comes into the basic with good friendly staff catagory. we stayed there in december, and we are going again 2 days after you on the 8th of jan. can't be that bad then can it!!!
do be carful when paying for air/con if you want it though. they will charge the earth for it if you let them, barter for it.
BOB :bling :bling
ok i'll type it out fully and perhaps it will work. air conditioning.
there i've done it BOB
Scottishsunlover
the thing to bear in mind when reading reviews is that they are SUBJECTIVE rather than OBJECTIVE - and as bobthebus says 'people have different expectations'.

We expect rooms to be clean and to be kept clean.
We expect most things to work most of the time (such as electricity).
We don't expect Goa hotels to be in the same class as say, the Far East.

We've never stayed in the Osborne but have stayed in a number of 2* & 3* hotels and (apart from the Dom Francisco, which is now named Alor Grand), we'd go back to any of them.

You do have to read 'between the lines' with some of the reviews, as Spinner says 'some people think a hotel review is about dissing the resort'.
We stayed at the Sunshine Park Hotel, Candolim twice this past season and were happy with our rooms (although we did chat to some people in a different block who weren't happy with the standard of their accommodation but were happy when they were moved into our block).
I found one review that gave the Sunshine Park 2/10.
All the reviewer said about the hotel was that the rooms were clean and spacious, then proceeded to complain about the red dust, the rubbish, the cows, the taxi drivers, the beach sellers - which of course was nothing at all to do with the hotel itself.
Basically, this person HATED North Goa - and would possibly have rated a top-class hotel exactly the same.

The phrase I've heard most from first timers is 'culture shock'.
And it is!
But go with an open mind and I'm sure you'll have a great holiday.

Polly
I quite agree with what Bob said. I have stayed at the Osborne and although it was basic, I had a lovely time there. It has been said that Osborne phase two is the nicest but again, this depends on the individual. It was kept clean, there was a clean pool, the staff were friendly. Breakfast was on a par with most hotels but there are plenty of places available nearby to get a good breakfast. The bed I had was the most comfortable I have had the pleasure to sleep on in Goa and the pillows were soft - All in all, what more can anyone want :que

The only thing I would say is for ladies to take with a huge pinch of salt the chat up lines of a certain barman (if he is still there). One of these days an irate hubby will deck him if they haven't already done so. Nice friendly guy who's aim in life appears to be "how many notches can I get on my bed post" (or at the very least get a snog with). I told him that the only kiss he would get from me, was to kiss my "a**e" :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.