Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Fish alley isn't just one street. A quick Google using the words Fuengirola fish alley brought up a website which said that fish alley is a collection of streets, right by the beach, with bars, restaurants, internet cafes and more. There is many types of restaurant including Chinese, Spanish, Argentinean, English, Irish, Italian, Indonesian, Thai and Moroccan so I think you'll find something to suit you!

I've been to Fuengirola several times and probably went to Fish Alley without realising that that was what it was called. It's all the bars that are just by the port and there are not only bars but clothes and gift shops as well. Hope this helps.
Moochers, an excellent restaurant. They do huge savoury and sweet crepes and great steaks. Ate there 3 times in my 2 week stay and the staff are lovely.
I second Moochers. Was there on January 6 and thoroughy enjoyed the food as well as the live jazz. Just next door is Don Pe, arguably better still, and, at the very start of Fish Alley, but nearer the church square, my all-time favourite, Casa Roberto's.
Moochers would be my choice too, Chines is good. Best to wander through the alleys and read the menus, traffic free and nice to sit out when warm although the street sellers are a pain.
Thanks everyone.
We'll do some exploring checking out the restaurants suggested.
While chatting can anyone telll me about El Coto outside Fuengirola?
Is it a village or development? Is it worth a visit during our hols. :?: We are buying a holiday home in Benalmadena and keen to get know the area around so any info really appreciated. :D
Can recommend the Vagabond. Not just your usual grills, etc. They also have a 3 course deal for 9 euro with a very wide selection.
Nothing much in El Coto, its just an urbanisation. Is Vagabond a French one?
It's either El Vagabond or La Vagabond, sorry can't remember. But lots of expats reckon it's the best. And judging by the fact that on 2 nights people were waiting for a table. Didn't see that anywhere else. Dunno if its French but the food is cooked by someone who has been well trained and not someone who is just a good cook.
When I was there in summer 2004, my favourite restaurant was Aroma.
Tony, we were in Moochers on the 6th! Must've been sitting quite close to you - its not that big a restaurant.
Hi Fiona. Have sent you private message in response.
Casa Roberto's is one of my faves too. Aromas is very nice too. The Vagabond, although I have never tried it has a very good reputation and is always packed, booking may be necessary. Moochers for me is a great venue, good atmosphere although the food is average.
If it's fish you are specifically looking for, then La Caracola on the beach side of the road, opposite the Old London Bar, is the best as far as I'm concerned. Fish Alley is pretty much directly across the road, one street back and running parallel with the beach road.
There is a great new TEX-MEX restaurant at the far end of fish alley (the pyramides end) in picasso square called La Abadia de san Antonio (The Alamo) they are serving something completely different for this area.

Cheers,

John
Fish Alley is excellent, loads to choose from and generally a good atmosphere.
Moochers is definately recommended, I especially liked their Chicken kebabs and sataysauce, got plenty and it was lovely. Their banoffee pie is also nice.
Don Pe also takes some beating, excellent service, excellent quality and the pork in 4 season ssauce is lovely.
Also agree with the vagabond, which for me is one of the best set menu's in Fuengirola.
The starters include grilled prawns and there must be over 12 prawns on the plate along with a small salad.
Some good pubs in Fish Alley too, especially O'Briens bar which I believe is twinned with Don Pe.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.