Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Access to Air Travel for Disabled Persons and Persons with Reduced Mobility - Code of Practice
]

3.18 & 3.30 refer

Thanks a lot - wonder what will happen if I try it ? (as it is a recommendation not a legal requirement!!)

Interesting document though - and well worth a read
Well, over the last 18 or so years I've been asked to provide a doctors letter for various reasons, mostly because I'm booking assistance and NOT ONCE has anyone ask to see it. :roll: I could have had another holiday with the amount this has cost me. :shock:

I do though, have a little mobility, I can walk short distances but with quite severe pain most times. I don't know how someone with a more complex disability would get on as they can obviously only judge each person on appearance.

The one letter I am always asked for is the extra medical luggage allowance one that I make sure I get from the airline after booking. You can have a fight on your hands if you don't take this confirmation.

Happy travels. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.