General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi crawf. cant help you with a travel republic code but I do know that to get the XL code you have to book direct with them at http://www.XL.com . there is a place for promo codes right near the start before it gives you a price. I used TESCO the other night for a quote and it gave mr £20 per person off.

lyn
Hi,

Tesco seems the best discount for XL, but it is still more expensive than travel republic.

Ah well
Hi Crawf

I use websites like charterflights just to check what flights are about. They are the equivalent of booking through an agent so always check if you can get the flights cheaper direct. I like http://www.flightline.co.uk who again sell lots of flights for several companies. Meals to egypt are always included with xl flights so don't let anyone try to charge you! Have you checked the price of the ba flights to hurghada? they are usually cheaper through flightline or travelrepublic than through ba.com direct.

I hope you find a good deal

Carly :D
p.s one of the reasons the prices might differ on the websites like travelrepublic and charterflights etc is that one might be selling direct from the flight company and the other might be from a tour company - that what i find on flights to sharm.
hehup thanks for that tesco code lyn i only had divers code so thats given me another £5 off each lol, looking to book flight only now ive cancelled my hol, got some for 18 days for next summer i want lol, got to persuade the other half now
Have you decided what country your going for yet Karen??
if we do a diy it will be back to akyaka in turkey we have an apt there so at least accommodation is free lol, although oz still fancies an all inc, oh decisions lol, nightmare having to go through all this again lol

xl do flights of 16 18 20 days etc that you dont often see and with the promo codes not too badly priced, so might go for 18 nights
Ive booked with XL for my easter DIY holiday to sharm and because there were so many flights and durations available I have managed to get a flight day of Saturday (children break up fri) and a 10 day duration which will bring us back Tuesday after the easter break , so that will be perfect. now i just hope XL dont let me down . I think it could go either way :wink:

lyn

Karen - I know every family combination is different re prices but If you still fancy Egypt how about doing what ive done and book the flights then you can choose a hotel at your leisure. I think Egypt seems to be one place that you can do it much cheaper DIY. ( for us at least) What ive paid for flights and hotel totals £2700. Portland wanted £3600 for 10 days and the flight was a thursday so that would of meant the children having 2 days out of school or they wanted £4500 for the monday flight . so ive made quite a saving and booked the same hotel direct with hilton and I dont have to pay a penny for that until checkout. :D so more time to save. :D
a friend of mine does the same, books flights and accommodation on a diy for egypt she was there this year ill have to ask her how much she spent, theres only 3 of us so shouldnt be too dear

ill look at these xl flights for easter now
Karen - we have paid via http://www.hilton.co.uk USD 115(approx £64) per night per room A/I at hilton sharks bay children under 12 stay free if occupying their parents room but you need to pay $25 per night direct the the hotel for their A/I.

lyn
its sayin thats not available now and this one is coming out at £69 a night

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort

is xl the best price flights to red sea area
karen the hilton fayrouz is not allinslusive although it is in the centre of Naarm bay. Hilton sharks bay is A/I and around the same price. also coral hilton in Nuweiba is all inclusive .(there is a long running thread in the egypt forum and im definately going their on my next trip :D . Come out more to book with hilton but Jetline travel were offering it at the same price as i booked HSB. flights to that one would be taba or a little further from sharm.

We had trouble pricing HSB it on the internet system as the system wont accept it with 2 adults and 1 child. try pricing as 2 adults . child under 12 will be free anyway and you need to pay $25 per night extra. if you phone the reservations they can add the child on but i have just booked on the internet for 4 adults and emailed HSB and they have added our 10 year old to our booking and confirmed it all.

lyn

im not sure XL would be the cheapest I dont really have much experience of booking flights but it was certainly the cheapest i could find at the time when i booked. I know people do get flights cheaper but not sure if you would school holiday time :( . i was more than happy with the price i paid. :D

lyn
xl have a hotel and flight package for around 980 going to the palmyra all inc on 1st april for a week, not sure what to do really, im not going to rush into anything as ive just bought a new car and in the middle of decorating my hall, stairs landing etc, going to turkey in 5 weeks too and its all money money lol, ive definately decided to go to turkey in the summer and hubby has agreed 18 nights wahooo, so thats great think ill keep eyes open for a late deal either easter or whit
Know how you feel about spending too much money Karen . i really fancy a break somewhere oct . have been thinking about malta (diving :roll: ) or the coral hilton but there are only so many weeks my hubby can take of work and only so far money will stretch :( and the reality is we cant afford it :( .

good luck with the search

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.