Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi Jenni

Is this a 'Build Your Own' package or a holiday from a brochure ?

John
Hi John

It is a Thompson package deal !! I know flights change and it can't be helped , but to change so much and to Jet2 is a bit much I think

Jen
I'm sure there used to compensation for major flight changes i.e. day to night, more than 12 hours etc etc but I can't see anything in thier terms and conditions about it !

John
I think it's 12 hours for being classed as a major change. (Which certainly applies to your return flight).

As your hotel room will have been booked from roughly 12pm on the day of arrival it looks as though you could be asked to vacate your room on the 1st at what could be 10am (as the 31st is your 14th night) if I'm reading this correctly. That's a long time to be out of your room :yikes
I have just rang my daugher who works for Thompson and told her what has happened, ( she has moved branches since I booked the holiday ) and she assures me that Thompson will pay of the extra day in the apartment, so we won't have to vacate our room the day before .............. I hope
It is just a bit of a pain, when you book a holiday and the flights are so good, then to have this thrown at you, but at least we are going on holiday ha ha ha

Jenn
Just an update on my flight changes, as we were notified more than 56 days prior to our holiday we are not entitled to any componsation, and we will have to pay extra for the room if we want to keep it on ! We have cancelled our car parking and our daughter has kindly offered to pick us up, which means we can go out that night and get last meal and drink and not worry about driving home from the airport.

A bit annoyed but can't be helped, I am still looking forward to Cala Llonga and have been on Panoramic View a couple of times checking the place out. Just wish some one was back from holiday so we can see if prices have increased much or if Ibiza is busy etc..... only 9 weeks to go and counting !

Look forward to reading everyones holiday reveiws

jenn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.