Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Where FROM?

I went from Liverpool last month but don't expect it to run during the summer, nor Manchester or Bristol. Gatwick might have a market but I've a feeling there is an operational problem which stops this size of plane taking off from Innsbruck during warm weather so that rules out summer even if people are prepared to pay!

If you can't get an Innsbruck flight your most likely option is Salzburg but if you're heading for Innsbruck itself or anywhere west along the Arlberg there is the Ryanair service from Stansted to Freidrichshafen in Germany. If you book before Monday night they currently have midweek flights for "free" - plus £15 tax and charges plus baggage fee if you want to take more than hand baggage plus check in fee if you can't do it online. Even so you could do it for less than £50 return. Train fare to Innsbruck varies considerably depending on how many in the group, returns are anywhere between €90 (on your own) down to €50 (each person in a group of 5). Less if you don't go all the way to Innsbruck.
The wedding is actually in Zellamzee( not sure if the spelling's correct) We can't afford the prices quoted by the travel agents as we have other holidays booked. We were hoping to get a flight with one of the cheap airlines. We're in West Wales, but don't really mind travelling if the price is right.
Helen try skyscanner, if you put in flights from Innsbrook it should give you were they fly to in the uk. You can then search for flight with them and they will check all the different airlines, you the go throught to the airline to book.

Helen I`ve just sent you a pm.
helen

Zell am See is well east of Innsbruck and has a direct bus link with Salzburg Airport during the day - which is handy because they do have all year flights. Hang on to this link for the bus timetable in case you get a flight! At times when there is no bus due there is an alternative train service which takes a little longer because you have to go into Salzburg city centre.

Ryanair have a well established service from Stansted (and a sale on until Monday night!!)
Thomsonfly have a choice of Gatwick or Manchester but not every day
British Airways go from Gatwick (so there's a chance your luggage might as well!)

I once spent a very pleasant evening in a pub near Zell - let me know if you need the address

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.