Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Flight Only
11 Posts
If you know the day you want to fly, start having a browse round now for costs. Same as anywhere you want to go - you can pick up a 'cheapo' price closer to your travel date, but also run the risk of there being no seats left.
We have used Travelpack for the last few years, and had some good prices.
http://www.travelpack.com/
Hi we used dialaflight last friday for flights in december, hope you find what your looking for. pm me if you want to ask anything. :tup
My last few flights - March, April, Dec 07, March 08 have all been really expensive - now cheaper to go package! I travel by charter though, preferably from Brum and don't fancy going scheduled to Bombay and onto Goa on my own, if I was going with others I would do this now but time wise does eat into your hols if you only have 2/3 weeks.
Hi Candy.Am flying with Thompson March 22nd- have you flown direct with this Company and how do you book accom. yourself?North or South.Katherine
Just done a quick search on Sri Lankan Airlines website - put in dates 7th Dec to 22nd Dec 2008. Price came up at GBP445. This is from Heathrow to Dabolim via Colombo. Colombo airport is much better than Mumbai, and Sri Lankan airlines, although not fantastic, are much better than monarch charter.
Sri Lankan website link is below if you want to check it out for yourself.
GFF xx

http://www.srilankan.aero/
My last few flights - March, April, Dec 07, March 08 have all been really expensive - now cheaper to go package! I travel by charter though, preferably from Brum and don't fancy going scheduled to Bombay and onto Goa on my own, if I was going with others I would do this now but time wise does eat into your hols if you only have 2/3 weeks.

I find it benefits as you can leave on the day of your choice & are not stuck with a fixed day of departure normally Sat or Sun, I have used the easter bank holiday to extend our Holiday so am having 3 weeks Sat to Sat plus extra days depart Mumbai Mon. I have also got far superior accomadation 2 bed appartment with Kitchen, full lounge etc so its not a case of saving money but what you are getting for your Money.
directholidays.com , go on there and have a look at the flights.
they seem to be good.

also teletextholidays, go onto flights.
olympic holidays, and travel republic also have good deals.
Hi Fairies
I've been with Thomson a few times, they are fine, went with them in Dec and again in March. There did seem to be more leg room than there used to be. I'm off the week before you. I've also flown with First Choice from Gatwick - also good. I'm looking to go Dec and next March - unfortunately the cheapest package is with Monarch and from Gatwick - but needs must when you travel alone!
weoften find its best to book a package with one nights accomodation or book a full package but when you get to goa just tell rep you dont want the accomodation as you have your own jump in a taxi and away you go. its often cheaper than a flight only. if any help.
Stavros - that's what we do, just book the cheapest package going[we book with FC, as we like their flights] and just tell rep when we land - no probs.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.