America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
You might as well toss a coin and there is no way of knowing. I know how frustrating it is as I was the same back in December about booking my Vegas flights for May.

I couldn't contain myself and went ahead and booked them at £620 each :yikes plus the £20 APD. My brother and SIL booked theirs a month before going in May and got them for £586 which is still expensive, but cheaper than us.

I managed to book for November at £389 each which is really cheap for bmi from Aberdeen then non-stop from Manchester.

Hoping to go again next May and hoping that I can hold off booking till I get a good price or even at the lat minute to get a reasonable price.

luci :wave
How long is a piece of string, its about understanding what is a good bargain price is, and booking without delay. I waited last year, and paid £320.00 for our flights with Virgin. One member of our party could not book at that time, and waited until two weeks before departure and booked with American Airlines for £299.00 changing in Dallas. At the moment Virgin prices for next April are over £500, and waiting for them to drop (lets hope), or I can book with Maxjet (First Class) to Vegas next April for under £700 each, still not sure its a lot of money but what a treat.

Think its about patience, and more patience.

Kaz.
Hi Sancho

At present you're talking of an overall difference of £30.00 between all three prices, is it worth the stress?

Yes they may decrease; however, there's every possibility of an increase.

Several factors to take into account, flight prices fluctuate quite regularly, and don't necessarily rely on a flight filling up, sometimes it's due to specials and the agent the flights are being sold through.

At the present stage, for an overall difference of £30.00 I know what I would do, but the decision must be yours.

Good luck

Driver02 :wink:
In the end I went ahead and booked it @ £414; there's four of us going, and our dates are totally inflexible. As driver says, £30 is no big deal ( I'll gamble that away on our first night in Vegas, lol)

66 days and counting..............................
Glad you got your flights Sancho....where are you staying this time
We're going back to Circus Circus again; the place gets a bad press, particularly on another forum, but my experiences have only been positive.
Good luck to you Sancho....I'm just sorry that we will be missing you.
We have opted for 4 days at Orleans and 5 days at Flamingo....the 5 days in the middle I've yet to book
I'm still negotiating a good price but I'll probably go for the Tropicana
Don't know if you'd want to try MGM but we got 5 nights there in Sept. for £35 a night - bargain really.
I can't wait.....I've got serious withdrawal symptoms :lol:
41 days and counting!

TC
Thanks TeeCee but the MGM is coming out to much for 3 of us
I got my price match at the Tropicana 5 days for $802 which is pretty good considering most hotels are way over the $1000 mark for the same 5 days.....the most expensive 5 days of the year I bet
I got the price from http://www.Hotelrooms365.com and Tropicana matched 3 of the 5 days....the other 2 days were cheaper with the Trop anyway
Having booked at the weekend at £414 a head, I've just checked and the price is now £434!!!!

looks like it might be a full flight!
OK, so looks like we panicked!

We booked at £414; it fell a few days ago to £374, and today it's down to £324....... so we paid £90 a head more than we needed to............. :oops:
Mytravel is like that. We usually track the flight we want at least weekly for quite a while before we book.

You wouldn't believe the graphs on Excel for that. Quite a roller coaster.
You can drive yourself crazy following flight and hotel prices :lol:

Best thing is......decide on a price you want to pay and if you see it at that - book it. Probably best not to search for prices anymore after that as well as you'll only annoy yourself if you see it cheaper!! :D

After paying over £500 to fly with 'mediocre' Virgin Atlantic not so long ago, I made the decision this year to pay more and give Maxjet a go - I don't like paying that much for flights (eats into my gambling money :lol: ) but when you think that the flight is normally the worst part of the holiday it makes sense to make it as comfortable as possible I guess.

TC
Curious if any of you have tried priceline (INVALID URL for rooms. We got 2 nights at the Westin in June for about £30 per room per night, and it was fri,sat! It comes out a lot on the 4* Strip location.

more info at http://www.biddingfortravel.com that's where I did some research.
Wow Lesley, that price is brilliant for the Westin. I'll have to give priceline a try.
Hi TC,

We have travelled to Las Vegas many times, Virgin, AA and yes its a very long journey, we also like to save our money for gambling, but every trip just seems to get more difficult. Its such a long way ect ect. What are your view travelling with Maxjet, at present I can book with them to Las Vegas, returning from LA 16 days later for £1,600 return for both of us. My other half needs his Vegas fix, then I was thinking of hiring a car and driving via San Fran then onto LA. Is it worth the extra money to travel with Maxjet, think I no your answer but would appreciate your views.

Kaz.
Just a word of warning on Maxjet:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/maxjet.htm

As they have only a few planes, cancellations seem to occur quite often.

Read the reviews on the above mentioned link.

Mark :D
Kaz, unless you plan on taking in Yosemite it would make more sense to go LV > LA > SF than LV > SF > LA. It will save you some time.
Kaz - I haven't actually flown with Maxjet as yet, I go in about 3 weeks time, so I'll let you know :D 8)

The reviews on that site can be dodgy, and funny enough Maxjet were voted no.2 airline in the world in a recent poll, so a guy at work was telling me! I won't pre-judge, I'll wait and see what the experience is like and then report back! As I understand it, the Maxjet Washington service is the worst, supposedly the Vegas one doesn't get so many disruptions......we'll see!!

TC
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.