Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Pippa

Get yourself onto the Thomson website and look at "flights only" - we went from Luton in Sept and got some cheap flights - we were a bit lucky with the cost, but they are available - other thought is look at Teletext.co.uk gives you other alternatives... there are plenty of airports you can use so I am sure with a bit of a trawl you'll find something.... does mean an hour or 2 staring at a screen, but if it saves a few £00, then it is worth it - and leaves more euros to spend on white Rioja and beer !!
Thanks,

Thomsons are actually more expensive than BA!! It is probably a little too early to get chea[ charter flights - they tend to come down in price nearer the time. All the flights seem to be far more expensive for next year - probably to do with the fuel costs.

Pippa
Book yourself the cheapest holiday you can find going the dates you want -its often much cheaper than a flight only.
we are flying with B A this christmas Dec from Manchester £220 each all other companys we tried were over £300
We are flying out in January and after trawling the flights we came up with BA. They were the cheapest and by far the easiest Company to deal with online. At least you know immediately that you have a flight. Before this one I tried to book with two other Companies who duly confirmed all the details only to email back a couple of days later to inform me they could not honour the flights.
We have had no problems with BA apart from a 10 mins change of flight times, which was notified to us by email.
hi

try http://www.flydeals.co.uk - they seem to search all the major companies for you i have been looking for flights for next may and they do seem to be the cheapest.

HTH :D
hi everyone, a group of us (family) were thinking about going to lanzarote over new year. i've found some great villas for very good priices but flights seem to be very expensive and makes you wonder if it would be easier just to book a package holiday. does anyone know any good websites with cheap flights? thanks,
Depends where you live. Me - Scotland - have booked through flyglobespan.com £320 all in return for two inc taxes.

try http://www.firstchoice.co.uk or http://www.thomsonfly.com
A lot depends on time of year, if you book early with the no frills airlines you'll get a good price but if you wait until demand grows you won't. New year is one of the busiest times for Lanzarote, package holiays are expensive then too.

I'd still recommend going the DIY route, even if you don't save a fortune you'll get better accomodation for your money and more choice.

Robert
We sometimes get the cheapest package we can find and its often less than flights.
If you know when the fights are released and you get in early you can get return flights for under £200 each.

You can get very good accomodation from £200 a week.

It would be hard to find a cheap package that will give you all that.

Robert
Sorry Robertk but I don't think there are flights to be had under £200 at Christmas time...well maybe I had better quailfy that and say NOT from any provincial airport anyway.. :oops:

Gatwick may be different of course.... :oops:
Susannah,

I can get return flights from Glasgow over Christmas for £254 on http://www.flyglobespan.com OK, not under £200 but it is Christmas. I didn't try other airports, they may be cheaper.
Well done Robert :D ...I stand corrected, sorry. :oops:

Apologies. :oops:
But I do agree that travelling independently is the very best way. You don't get wiht under occupancy and as you say, you get a better choiuce of accommodation.

I wouldn't go any other way now. It's more fun quite apart form anything else.
Absolutely.

Not only a wider chice but better quality accomadtion and generally better equipped since it's usually someone's own flat or villa.

I can't see me ever doing another package holiday again, especially not to Lanzarote. Last time I did Thomson wanted £45 EACH for transfers to PDC, that's £135 for the 3 of us :eek:. It's 12 Euro in a taxi, and quicker.
I've had flights for £55 each way through BA. Worth checking.
I'm currently looking for flights to Lanzarote for October, would appreciate any names of Airlines to try?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.