Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We flew stansted palma 22nd-29th october last year on Air Berlin & it was £38 each incuding tax etc with 30% off for children. We did have to book a long way in advance though as soon as the flights came out.

Nigel
booked DSA to VLC return originally for oct 21 to 28th @ £280 for 4 ppl
but Thomsonfly mailed me saying not doing friday flights to VLC in october now so they have moved me to the 22nd at no extra cost ,now works out just short of a grand :shock:

best thing is we wanted to go on saturday due to work commitments but decided against it due to the price so well happy now
Hi. We booked Thursday to Thursday to Palma because of the high cost of weekend flights. Hope they change ours! :lol:
Hi,

Anybody had or heard of any good flight / holiday deals to Majorca for this year (July/August)?

Fee free to email / PM

J.
I have found some fantastic prices for May half term doing DIY, but am finding it hard flights to go on at a decent price.
There is no point in saving money on accomodation to pay silly prices on flights, as then there is no saving over package holiday.
There are 2 adults and 2 kids, pref fly from Doncaster, but would consider Leeds, East Midlands or Manchester at a push.
Anybody help? Have tried the main 'discount' airlines direct already.

Mark
Hi Mark

Unfortunately because the time you want to go all the companies charge premium prices.

I am also looking for half term next may - I had a look at flying to Menorca - half term week is about £250 each for a flight and the folowing week its only £120.

A lot of companies have still to release their flights for next year.

Try http://www.flightline.co.uk - I had a quick look for you but they have nothing much at the moment and what they do have is dear.

I am very tempted to take my little boy out of school for a week - if I did it would save me best part of £400!!! These holiday companies and airlines have us over a barrel :bhead - they know school holidays are the most popular times and that people will pay these extortionate prices.

I still think it would be cheaper to get flights and book hotel/apartment yourself. I have just got some cheap flights to Palma for £100 each in October and have booked 3 star aparthotel for £30 per room per night - we are saving £150 each on the brochure price. If you want any info on any of these site just send me a pm.

Carmel
you will have to wait until november thats when we book, this year we got flights for may with jet2 for £350 for 5 of us and we are going with thomsonfly from robin hoods new airport next wednesday that cost us £289 if you try now it will be dear i had a look myself and couldnt believe the prices.
Just trying to come up with a list of airlines:

Avro - from Manchester or East Mids
BMI- Manchester or Leeds
BMIBaby - Manchester of East Mids
Monarch - Manchester
MyTravel - Leeds, Manchester, or East Mids
First Choice - Manchester or East Mids
Jet2 - Leeds
XL - Manchester or East Mids
ThomsonFly- Doncaster
Thomson Flights - Doncaster, Leeds, Manchester and East Mids

Denis
markas, I think you will have to leave the flights until later in the year - Oct/Nov and hopefully get them cheap as soon as they are released.

With luck, the accomodation will still be available.

All the best, hope it comes off for you all.

Robby :wink:
:D Markas, we are having the same problem. The cheapest flights we have seen for 2 adults and one child come to over £900, plus we'll have our accomodation and transfers on top, which will come to more than the cost of a package holiday.

We then looked on direct hols website, and they have a flight on the 23 may from leeds/bradford, to palma (Which means taking our son out of school 3 days before he breaks up). The price for the week half board is £700. The price goes up to over a £1,000, for the flight which departs three days later. (The day the kids break up).

At the moment we are humming and arring as to what to do, but because the flights are dearer in the school holidays, I think it will be just as cheap to book this package holiday.

Hope you manage to sort something out. BBB.
anybody know when flights with mytravellite/bmibaby/flybe go on sale for may/june 2006 went end of may this year and booked mytravellite flight last august,no sign of 2006 flights online why?
http://www.flymonarch.com/
try this link. They have prices for next May/June
MyTravel lite will not be operating as they are this year next year, you should be able to book flight seats on MyTravel via airtours now, or the other charters ie Thomson, Thomas Cook, First Choice, Excel etc are on sale now. bmibaby will be around nov.
Hi,

i am one of a group of 4 people who have booked to go to Majorca in Half term in May 2006. We have booked the hotel and are now looking for flights.

The only lost cost airline i can see that is selling tickets at the moment is jet2.com (they are a bit pricey). can any one recommend an airline to look at?

We live in Manchester by the way, but could travel within reason.

thanks for any help

Daniel
The low cost airlines won't release flights for May until probably December. Check on http://www.skyscanner.net to see who does the route so you can register on their websites. Check out charter flights as well for comparison prices.
Drobuk
I normally book the other way round , flights first then hotel because if you can be flexible by a couple of days you should get a better deal on the flights. I have just booked 5 flights from stansted to majorca for nexts may half term with air berlin, http://www.airberlin.com , for £198 for the 5 of us return but that is monday to monday, saturday to saturday would have been about £500 for the 5 of us.

regards,

Nigel
thanks nigel,

we were quite limited on when we could travel, 2 of the party are teachers, so could only go weekend to weekend! :cry:
Try some of the Charter Airlines, and BMI and BA have good prices if you book early enough.
thomsonfly have their summer flights out. we're travelling down to doncaster for our flights to majorca, got them for nearly £100 less than out of our local airport (newcaslte).

Forgive me about the dates of half term, i'm not a parent yet!

flying sat 20/5 coming back 1 week later out of manchester showing over £900 for 4.
flying sunday 21/5 coming back 1 week later showing £447.72 inc all taxes for 4.

Big savings on the sunday.

Doncaster are quoting about £400 return for 4 all over the weekend i've quoted.

Sorry if i got the dates wrong but from memory halfterm was always where the bank holiday was when i was at school
  • Edited by joules79 2005-10-16 19:42:11
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.