Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Flights to Malta
23 Posts
maybe they haven't released their winter timetable yet ?
Wow no sooner then I posted and they have now published their winter schedule :shock:

I had been trying to book with them for over three weeks. I even dropped them an email and telephoned them, but to no avail.

Ended up booking with Air Malta.
GB Airways are not offering a winter flight timetable between Manchester and Malta.

BA Connect have taken over the flight timetable for the summer.

Ryanair have submitted these proposals:- http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news.php?yr=06&month=aug&story=pro-en-300806

It looks as though Malta does not want people flying from Manchester :twisted:
Hi M&N when do you go next ?.

Sliema2
Hi Sliema2,

We are off for two lovely weeks in two awful weeks. Not soon enough for me :wink:
Hi M&N, we return next week thats why I was asking, I seem to remember you saying that we may be on similar flights months ago.

Regards
Sliema2
Sliema2 yes that's right. did you know that you are on a BA Connect flight and not a GB Airways flight. Although we booked with GB it has now been switched. No in-flight entertainment, no free drinks and no free meal.
The latter could well be a plus point!
Hi M&N, no we are flying Air Malta, we are frequent flyers with them and like to collect our points, never flown gb airways to Malta and never want to after the ding dong I had with them earlier this year bunch of numpties, got all our money back though :lol:
Air Malta is now the best airline to travel with for sure.
We are also Frequent Flyers and our next flight with them is for Xmas/New Year :)
Hi M&N,

I guess the number of times we go to Malta we must be frequent flyers. Regarding the free meal you don't have to eat it but I can assure you that the veggie option we had recently was quite4 good and tasty. Must admit the meat option didn't look too brill but we wouldn't eat that anyway.

There is absolutely no doubt that Air Malta are the best,

Trev
Hi Trev, they certainly are the best :glynis :fly

Regards
Sliema2
Hi there. Sometimes you can get cheap flights with the travel companies like Thomson, My Travel etc. They do tend to have only 1 flight a week but it is worth a go. Earlier this year we could have got a flight with Thomson for £90 return. Try the web site 'travel supermarket' or 'supermarket travel' ( I can never remember which it is) :cry:
Good information charliegirl, however as you know these type of airlines only fly from / to manchester on a tuesday, but I agree that it is usefull to know if thats what people want.

Regards
Sliema2
Also thought this might be usefull in this thread http://www.maltairport.com/page.asp?p=4851&l=1

Regards
Sliema2
For folks flying from Brum - noticed that Thomson are not flying from Birmingham International Airport during this winter. Looks like only Air Malta then!!

Trev
Hi Trev.

It's quite a coincidence that airlines have stopped their flights to Malta during the winter months just when Ryanair are about to announce flights from Luton on a daily basis from October 31st!!!
Hi M&N,

I prefer to fly from Birmingham International especially to short haul destinations. I flew to Malta from Luton some years ago and had to park my car miles from the airport and was charge an exorbitant fee to leave it on a piece of waste ground for a fortnight. When I returned I'd got to face the journey back up to the Midlands. :omg All in all I was out of pocket travelling all the way to Luton and it's so much easier for Midlanders to fly from our local airports. :yipee

As far as I'm concerned Ryanair ought to be offering this service to the large numbers of their own Irish folks (and me - though I'm not Irish) who live in Brum and fly their new daily service from Birmingham!!!! :shrug

Mind you for an 'International' airport, Birmingham is useless for long haul flights probably because the one runway it has cannot accommodate the larger planes! :hmmm

Oh well it's still Air Malta then for us Brummies so I guess we'll be proudly flying the flag! (the Maltese one). I just wonder now whether Air Malta will be offering more flights from Birmingham in future?? - you never know! :fly

Trev
Apparently Easyjet are holding talks with the Govt in Malta atm. Might be some light at the end of the tunnel with regard to costs of flying.

If they cut down flights from Manchester that will be extremely inconvenient for us in Lincoln, to say the least. Can recommend Bristol Airport thought, it was an easy drive (although a long one), close parking and quiet.

Ciao

Susan
Hi Susan,

Thanks for the info about Bristol Airport - especially the parking. I forgat to say that the drive down to Luton on the M6 and then the M1 from the Midlands I consider to be horrendous and I'd much prefer to drive down the M5 to Bristol if that ever becomes necessary,

Trev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.