Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi gooner,

Everything is possible, but I would suggest that they are too far apart to do in one day. Damnoen Saduak (floating market) is approx 50k W of Bangkok and Ayutthaya is 40k N.

Whilst it is best to do the Market early, there would not be time IMHO to do both.

Ayutthya deserves a few hours and it would be a shame not to take in Bang Pa-In palace, whilst you are up that way. You also don't want to be wandering around Ayutthaya in the heat of the day.

My advice is not to try - you will get little benefit from either.

To get an idea of location and distance try the map at http://www.thailandguidebook.com/map/index.htm and type in "Bangkok" in "choose city" box.

Then place your cursor on the centre of the extreme left centre (Nakhon Chaisi) and click. You will find Damnoen Saduak in the SW corner and be able to judge distance from Bangkok.

Then move cursor to the airport symbol at the N of Bangkok and click again. Ayutthaya is at the top of the map, with Bang Pa-In about 8 or 9k S .

Now, Kanchanaburi (Bridge on the River Kwai) is do-able with the floating market, if you have limited time and just wish to take in the sights.

On the Nakhon Chaisi map click on the extreme left centre again. Kanchanaburi is top R (NW of Floating market with reasonable road).

Hope this helps

Regards

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.