America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
We decided against the parks on NYE-as we thought it might be very crowded.
We went for a meal and then made our way to the Hotel Boardwalk where we were able to see Epcot and the MGM fireworks from the bridge.

I was pleased that we hadn't done a park -it was a particularly cold night.

I think you would get a good atmosphere at City Walk.
hi jamie

last new years eve we were in universals island of adventure. For teenagers it is one hell of a party. They give out hats blowers and other party gear. There are discos , live bands, dancing as well as all the rides.

When we flew home with virgin, the crew said that is where they always go on new years eve.

You can book a meal to eat in the park, it is a set menu different for lunch /evening meal. You can book in the kiosk in city walk. We booked that morning but did not have much choice of times.
Hi,

Where do you suggest we spend new Year in Orlando, we are staying in Days Inn Suites / Old town kissimmee,

Thanks
kaz
Everything will be open through the holiday including New Years Day. I'd go to Universal but go early as it will be packed.
Help...we are booked for Orlando on 28th December and wondered what they do to celebrate New Years Eve. Is Disney open all night?, will we need seperate tickets to enter the theme parks or will a normal pass give you access, do individual hotels have parties?. Getting quite worried now don't want to be disappointed or let down. :cry:
Hi :D

We are thinking of going to Florida for christmas and the Keys for new years. 2 adults and 2 teenagers. I have a few questions if anybody could help.
Is this a VERY busy time of the year? :shock: Will the parks be open most of the time? How will the weather be? Any general thoughts that I should be aware of.
safewaygreenbox,

we went to Florida several Christmas' ago. Yes the parks were busy(Magic Kingdom especially) and the car parks open by 7am and can close by 9am!
But I will say that was the best Christmas we have ever had. The atmosphere was superb.

We went to Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day not expecting to get on any rides. But we were wrong as the rides were quite quiet during the parades.

Shorts and t-shirts weather, eating Turkey drumsticks(huge) and ice-lollies.

Just go it was fab

Bill
Thanks for that.

We are not going untill christmas 2007 but I am already excited :lol: . Still to early to book - doing lots of overtime at the moment to get the money in :? .
we have been for the last 3 years
we went from the 9 th dec till 12 jan
the parks were quite till the xmas week then went mad for the xmas 2 weeks then got quite again
but all that said we had the best xmas ever
on all 3 trips the weather has been great shorts and t's in the day then trousers and may be a jumper if we stayed out till midnight
only on the second year did we have any rain
it rained from the time we got in to magic kingdom till late afternoon
but we got a poncho each and carried on
still went on all the rides

cant go this year over xmas as my kids have got exams so we are going on friday :D :D :D :D :D
Excellent have fun :P Have you been down to the keys at christmas/new year?
no we have'nt
but we leave on friday 15 sept for our next trip

see you when we get back :D :D :D :D
Snap! We came over on Sept 15th-and so far still here-thankfully!
Hi can anyone help? we are going to orlando for the first time for christmas and are finding it hard to find anywhere for christmas lunch (traditional)we will be staying at the sunny ridge villa complex. we are 2adults and 3 kids aged 17,14,& 11.
any help would be appreciated
You might take a look at http://www.BritishFlorida.com and then click on Pubs- there are quite a few in the Kissimmee and Orlando area. You might find one of those offering British Christmas Lunch.
helo anone been to orlando chistmas..Planningto go 2008..Anyone have any info regarding weather etc..Will [parks be busy??
It will be VERY busy - its very popular due to the Xmas decorations in the parks and the relatively mild weather.... all combines to make it a very attractive Xmas period destination in the US.

- On Xmas Day, the main park based attractions will be so packed they often have to stop admitting people !

Weather should be pleasant, sunny, warm for the most part... but often cool in the mornings and evenings and of course it goes dark relatively early. Weather can also be rather unpredictable with the possibility of frost / rain/ hot weather as luck dictates !
ah many thanks for thtat.. I cant wait it will be our 4th time going,only thistime we will have our 4 yr old with u s.. :lol:
Any time is a good time with a 4 year old (lol)

:lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.