America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Re: Florida
25 Posts
Hi FH Brit

I have always done the typical Orlando holiday with theme parks everday or shopping, but next March when we go we would like to do Kennedy Space centre as we have never been and possibly a drive to Clear water to stay over for the beaches etc but would like to try and see some real Florida any ideas??

We would love to buy a place as a holiday home there but with the economy the way it is we are wandering about rental potential, so have put that on the back burner for now :( .

Really looking forward to going the Sunshine State as it is raining (as usual) here today in sunny Liverpool haha.

Take care

Liz
Hi liz mc and fh brit
We go 2nd April to Kissimee we are first timers, we are planning on doing 2 week ticket parks etc and as we are going for a 3rd week doing Kennedy Space centre and some relaxing on the beaches as we have a hire car and finances permitting discovery cove.
Although I have never been to Florida, I do have a recurring dream that I live there, I wonder if its a premonition?? :cheers
No wet blanket here for all your wonderful plans but for those that live in Florida- how on earth do you stand the heat/humidity? Every time I am in Florida ,unless I am sitting by a pool/beach I can't wait to leave because of the oppressive heat.... I like four seasons.
Hi Louise

check out lots of sites for theme park tickets and make a list of where you want to go: for e.g
we wanted to do discovery cove and because we bought a ticket for there it gave us unlimited access to sea world and Busch Gardens for 2 weeks...I thought that was good value.

We then bought 2 day tickets for Universal Studios/Islands of adventure and because of this we got a 3rd day free.

Disney always buy the hopper (never expire) tickets as if you have any left then you can re-use...believe me you will go back!!!

We have booked with Attraction Tickets for u and Mapleleaf...we find Keith Prowse expensive.

Good luck and enjoy xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.