America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Most of the villa communities are at least a short drive from any restaurants or bars and if they are withing a walk then the chances are it is along unlit roads.The resort style ones with clubhouses will be the nearest to what you are looking for .My home is not far from a few restaurants and bars but I wouldn't like to walk to them.
Thanks, it's what I expected but was hoping not.

Jim
Villas in Legacy Park (INVALID URL are within walking distance from a parade of shops, a small selection of restaurants and bars (Applebees which do great food and drinks 2 for the price of 1 and a bar called Linksters) and also numerous takeaways. The drive is about 2 mins, the walk is a good 15 mins but we have done it many times, it's through a housing estate where there is a shortcut directly to the restarants so you don't have to walk on a main, busy road. Legacy Park is located on the US27. I also think that Highgate Park have a direct walking shortcut to the same shops. Hope this helps. :)
Thanks a lot, that sounds very promising.

Cheers,

Jim
I have nothing to add on the Villa location question because I always go for hotel accommodation in Florida, but if as Nowton is saying there is an Applebees restaurant within 15 mins walk, that would sell the location for me. I love Applebees. Excellent food, desserts to die for and very cheap. The 2 for 1 drinks offers are great also, hence why you always see the locals up the bar tucking into an appetiser to go with their beers.
Berry Town Centre where Applebees is sited is about 1/2 mile from the entrance to legacy Park along a road with no pavements on rough ground so even though it is close -and my home is just as close -I wouldn't walk it especially at night as there are no lights either.
As previously mentioned there is a shortcut through to the Berry Town Centre where Applebees is from the estates within Legacy Park, this is through the Legacy Park housing estates which all have sidewalks (pavements) except for one grass verge area (for about 2 mins walk). There are lights on the paved area but it is dark across the grass verge area so a torch or phone with light is handy for that part. The poster salisburygal is referring to if you walked the main road entrance from Legacy Park which is not paved and I would not recommend walking this way. We have walked through the estates to Applebees many times.
Thanks again guys, certainly food for thought.

Jim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.