Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
fort aguada
14 Posts
Friday night, we go every visit with the trip organised by Daytripper, great night, great food, not to be missed. Alan
thanks alan. is it possible to just get a taxi there or do you have to go with an organised trip? also do you know if the drinks are 5 star prices?
sue
DIY is possible, get tickets from their reception but go a day early cos it's very popular. Drinks are 5* prices. Here is the Taj Fort Aguada's website.
gramps - how do we arrange to go to this gala night? Thanks.
If anyone is interested , the Marriot Panjim have a similar thing of a Sunday and it includes all the beer you can drink (not wine) not to sure if it includes soft drinks(I think it does).Fantastic food ( I have never seen as many chefs in one place)food from all over the world,even a real pizza oven were you can make you own toppings and they cook it, desserts & ice creams (to many to mention) great seafood (cooked to order) plenty of music, & dancing and you can have a look around the rooms and all the fascilities.
I would advise booking, if I remember rightly its from 11:00am to 5:00pm but it really is worth the money (about £12 to £15)......Keith
Lovemyhols,

If it's not obvious, read my message above your inquiry.
Sorry, it was obvious from your message - I just didn't take it in!
It's a great night out very pretty location, the drinks are a tad expensive though by Goan prices.
Have been told it is dearer to book direct than to book with daytripper an they pick you up from certain points and bring you back.
alan where abouts in candolim is daytrippers?can you remember the cost including transport,as poultonkid says maybe by the time you've paid for your ticket and taxi it is cheaper with daytripper-thanks
sue
Daytrippers main office is on the main road as you enter Calangute on the way from Candolim. It's where Holiday St joins it and all the taxi drivers know it. I think the price last season was about 750 - 800rps and that included everything except drink. they have various pick up points and bring you back as well. We go every year, especially for the puddings !! Alan
Hi, just to let you know that I emailed daytripper about this trip prior to HariKrishnas post and received the following reply:

After doing the night out at the Taj for 9 years they have now stop this night out they have now got a new german manager and has no longer want to carry.
Kind Regards
Daytripper

Shame, I quite fancied it!
Lovemyhols,

I would, if I were you, wait until you get out to Goa, and go down to the Taj yourself and enquire about the weekly BBQ. There's nothing like getting it from the horse's mouth especially in India. Alternatively, you could telephone reception at the Taj Fort Aguada which is 664 5858.

Regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.