Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
The train journey is quite simple, the internet site with the full details is more complex!

Start at http://www.rmv.de/auskunft/bin/jp/query.exe/en?L=vs_rmv&

Your stations are Frankfurt (Main) Flughafen Regionalbahnhof and Rüdesheim (Rhein) Bahnhof - if you copy and paste these into the query it saves time. The journey takes about 75 including the change at Wiesbaden (always change at Hauptbahnhof even if it says Mainz-Kastel). When you've input your stations it should show a second page with Products listed, click Further Options and deselect the Ship option to avoid odd extra journeys that aren't valid with normal tickets and are too much hassle with luggage! Total travel time is about 75 minutes.

The single journey price is €7.15 each (the journey is 5 price zones) but you could have a day ticket for a group of 5 for €23.60 - you can work out how you add them together and split the cost across 6! Tickets have to be bought from the machines at the stations.

This all assumes that you meant the real Frankfurt Airport and not Hahn, which is used by Ryanair and is closer to Luxembourg than Frankfurt! You can still use the above site but the journey is much longer and dearer!
Thanks for your help Steve. I will have a look at the site later when I am not in work.! We are flying with BA so I think it is Frankfurt airport not Hahn but I havent seen the tickets as my friend booked on line.

We did think it would be much cheaper to go by train as the German rail network is so good but we usually go in an organised party not independantly. It sound s as though it is not difficult at all though.

Once again thanks for your help.
BA use the real airport so it will be OK. If you know the address of where you are staying you can use that as destination in the search - it might find a bus to the door and because of the way the fare system works on zones that might be no dearer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.