Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Went to La gomera a feww years ago and in all honesty I wouldn't think that the youngster would be all that interested in the island. Very quiet not the same type of attractions there as on Tenerife OK if you like nature type things ie flora and fuana. They may like the trip up the mountains and then the brief example of the Gomeran whistle language but then again maybe not.

I'm not sure what the fare is now but do Transmeditteranean not do the crossing?

The tariff for Fred Olsen is found here you will need to change origin from Tenerife, Santa Cruz to Tenerife, Los Cristianos then the destination will show San Sebastian, La Gomera
Be aware you may not be covered (or allowed) if you are using a Hire Car. You should check with the company.
You'll find details of current fares for all the ferries to La Gomera at

http://www.gomera.info/faehre.htm

along with links to the respective ferry companies own sites.

I love La Gomera but it is quiet and very underdeveloped compared to Tenerife. I'm in the process of putting together a trip for myself, my brother and two teenage daughters and our parents for the autumn half-term week but then we all are looking for real chill-out holiday and as long as there is somewhere to swim, good food and plenty of opportunities for people watching we're happy.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.