General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi i always book early and get a good deal and it always goes up

last year i booked to go to rhodes for this june and we paid £700 for three of us for 10 nights i looked the other day for the same hotel or only a week staying around the same date's as no 10 nights left its now £1250 so we did get a geat price :) :)
hi nic
this happened to me to, booked with thomas cook by phoned on sunday. checked monday and price had gone up by £300+ and no free kids.
were going to fuerteventura, where are you going.
Hi,thanks for the replies. I've booked for July 09 to go to Cala D'or, Majorca. Was thinking maybe they will end up offering more free child places later in year if bookings are low? I booked this years holiday in August last year and managed to get a free child place with Direct Holidays so assumed that they would still be available later in the year with other TO. When I mentioned to friends that I was looking to book for 2009 they looked at me as if I was loopy. Really glad at the moment that I went ahead and booked (only £25 pp deposit too!)
Free child places go really quickly and you have to get in when the first brochures come out to get a free child place. Occasionally we have managed to get a free child place later on in the year but this has probably been down to the fact the holiday hasn't been selling to well. We missed the free child place for this years hols, have always got one in the past, and I really noticed a big differance in the price we paid. :(
We always book this time of year to get a free child place but we are waiting till we come backfrom Cyprus to book this year in case we really enjoy it, wouldn't want to book it now in case we hate it!!!! So by the beginning of June all the free places will have been taken. Looks like our holiday is gonna be expensive next year. :que
I've just booked a package and secured a free kid price for all 3 sets of adults travelling - thats in the height of the school hol's - If you book early you'll get one , If a tour op says they are sold out on the first day they were never there in the first place.

There des however tend to only be able a certain amount of places per flight.
I noticed this too, booked with Thomas Cook for 2009 and the price has gone up by £300 and no free child place showing now, glad I got in when I did.

Surely they can't have all gone in a space of a few days?
we are off to turkey this year and didnt get a free child place, cost £1500,

booked palm gardens for next year with a free child place, £1100, thats school hols aswell
I've noticed that all the holiday prices seem to go up on a weekend and back down again on the monday (prob Tuesday this week)!
I also think a lot of the tour op's have not loaded free child prices online as yet hence the higher net prices.
I've had more luck getting free child places in Sept/Oct. I dont think they load all that many at this stage. I reckon they know there are a core of people who like to book as soon as the holidays for the following year are in the brochures/on-line regardless of if there are free kids places, then they load more when bookings slow down.
That's what I suspected Doe, but having only booked 2 family holidays abroad before I've never taken much notice.
They do often release more free child price if sales are slow and a good time to book is july and august when everybody is going away and not thinking about next years holiday. There were some really good deals last july and august for this year. once september comes the deals go up in price and it can depend on destination. With the weak £ and strong euro when people return this years holiday and see how expensive places like spain, greece are because of the strong euro could mean poor sales to any destination which uses the euro and destinations that takes US dollar my be more popular because of the weak dollar to the pound.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.