Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
HT meets....because they were too far away

and I can't stand smoking.... I'm one of the reformed holier than thou types now :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Haven't got that much interest really, and of course, all the major places are quite a way.

If I am really honest, just too lazy!!
Did nothing last year. Since 1999 we have done all the tourist trips and enjoyed everyone, would do the jungle trip again and would like to see the waterfalls again, it's not just the final destinaton thats great it's the towns and villages you go through with great scenery.
Dolphin and croc spotting not my thing but enjoyed the trips.
With only 2 weeks to relax and enjoy it's a pain to get my other half motivated (I guess me too at times..) But we both know there is plenty of places still to go to.
I did all the usual trips on my first visit to Goa and enjoyed them all, I agree with Spike the journey is fascinating, I love the scenery. We spend most days on the beach nowadays , I do still enjoy a trip out to Mapusa or Anjuna market though ;)
The one trip I haven't done is Cola beach, I like the look of Cola beach , but , I am not one of those people who likes organised excursions where everyone sits by the campfire etc etc ............. shame as I like the look of the Rajastani Tents there.
ShirleyV - you have got to do it ! The 'entertainment' by the local dance group was very good and only lasts half an hour (you are not forced to sit and watch it, just relax at the bar area, plenty of others did) but just chilling out with a drink and chatting with others was excellent. All other time is at your leisure. Has to be one one of the best set ups we have stayed at, and would deffo do it again, great tents, very clean bedding, good choice of food and drink and no noise !!
Another option for you is Devbagh Island, I think Daytripper still run this one ? Good setting, very quiet, great huts or bungalows, food okay.
Shirleyv - I agree with Spike - Cola beach is a great trip. We had to laugh though, it's very rocky and they had roped off an area for swimming. When the tide went out our 'swimming pool' dissappeared :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.